Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My eldest complete this build for his wife this past summer.

Rich's 1968 ½ ton-1.jpg Rich's 1968 ½ ton-2.jpg Rich's 1968 ½ ton-3.jpg Rich's 1968 ½ ton-4.jpg Rich's 1968 ½ ton-5.jpg Rich's 1968 ½ ton-6.jpg Rich's 1968 ½ ton-7.jpg 20150821_182503.jpg

Somebody please rotate the last picture!

·
Super Moderator
8,129 Posts
Nice restomod. Looks like the pickup was in great shape to start with.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
WOW!! 'Nuf said...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Nice job, I like the seat the best--lol. hey-marlin, u ever watch u-tube any? I watch a guy that's out in around ur neck of the woods, he rebuilds ols chevy pickups, I can't think of his name right now, will try and find him later. big jim

·
Registered
12,043 Posts
Nice work. What is the powertrain, Marlin?

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
2001 Chev Truck motor 4.8L V8 :pickup:

Not the original cab. Gas tank NOT behind seat. :thumbup1gif: Oh yea, that's me in the passenger seat!

From his FaceBook post: 1968 Chevy C10 truck that I finished up for my wife Maria. The engine and transmission is out of a 2001 Chevy Truck (4.8l v8 with a 4 speed auto). The truck had no engine and transmission when we bought it so I needed something for it. The new motor and transmission are great, lots of power and sounds great but drives like a new truck and gets pretty decent gas mileage. Redid the interior, lowered the truck with a good suspension, added power disc brakes, power steering, moved the fuel tank to the rear out of the cab, added a 3rd brake light/ cargo lite on the back of the cab. Its a lot of fun to drive.

·
Corndog Hater
11,773 Posts
Thanks for sharing this with us, it's great. You look like one proud dad riding shotgun ?

·
Premium Member
14,875 Posts
Marlin you can be proud ,very nice looking truck, love the seat.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
There it is, the thing I miss the most about older vehicles...wings!!! Man, I miss them. :banghead:
Yeah, my '92 F250 had them and I used them all the time.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55
1 - 12 of 12 Posts