Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was driving a perfectly good Nissan Frontier Crew-cab, 4-wheel drive, automatic, power everything, 71,500 original miles, and decided it was time for him to purchase his very 1st brand new truck.
He bought himself a brand new 2017 Nissan Titan SV, crew-cab, 4-wheel drive, 390 HP 394 ft. pds. torque, 7-speed automatic tranny, leather interior, fully loaded.
Sure is a very nice ride. :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
That is one nice looking truck.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Very nice. I'm sure he will get many years of use out of it. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi and etcallhome

·
RIP Ben
144 Posts
Nissan Titan

Is that the one with the ecodiesel?

·
Registered
568 Posts
My son was driving a perfectly good Nissan Frontier Crew-cab, 4-wheel drive, automatic, power everything, 71,500 original miles, and decided it was time for him to purchase his very 1st brand new truck.
He bought himself a brand new 2017 Nissan Titan SV, crew-cab, 4-wheel drive, 390 HP 394 ft. pds. torque, 7-speed automatic tranny, leather interior, fully loaded.
Sure is a very nice ride. :bigthumb:

oh i see he could only afford the gas model:gizmo: j/k now to paint jd green:greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh i see he could only afford the gas model:gizmo: j/k now to paint jd green:greentractorride:
When we first arrived at the Nissan sales lot, he went straight to the "Platinum Reserve" model.
The price on that truck was, well, in my opinion, crazy, at $66G.
After some Q & A with the sales person, he decided to take the one he actually bought. This truck had been special ordered and the customer backed out of the deal after it had been delivered, so they cut him some slack on pricing (they say), and that's how he ended up with the leather interior, side and rear cameras, heated rearview mirrors, heated power seats on both sides, running boards, and 4 LED lights to light up the inside of the bed at night.
Even at the "sale price" of $48G, it made MY butt pucker, but, that's what he wanted and could afford.
He's lucky to already have his house paid for at 37 years old, never married, no youngun's, and a good paying Union Pipefitter career. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
When we first arrived at the Nissan sales lot, he went straight to the "Platinum Reserve" model.
The price on that truck was, well, in my opinion, crazy, at $66G.
After some Q & A with the sales person, he decided to take the one he actually bought. This truck had been special ordered and the customer backed out of the deal after it had been delivered, so they cut him some slack on pricing (they say), and that's how he ended up with the leather interior, side and rear cameras, heated rearview mirrors, heated power seats on both sides, running boards, and 4 LED lights to light up the inside of the bed at night.
Even at the "sale price" of $48G, it made MY butt pucker, but, that's what he wanted and could afford.
He's lucky to already have his house paid for at 37 years old, never married, no youngun's, and a good paying Union Pipefitter career. :thumbup1gif:
Is he working up here Bill?
Gonna have to keep my out for that Titan if so.
Just finishing up big project in Camden. Lots of work on the books.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is he working up here Bill?
Gonna have to keep my out for that Titan if so.
Just finishing up big project in Camden. Lots of work on the books.
He's on a project in Charlotte NC, at a Seimens Plant.
They told him if he stays with the company, they have some new VA Hospitals to build, coming up on the books. One in West Virginia and two more in Virginia.
I drove his truck first time today, on a trip to Greenville NC to the Harbor Freight Store to pick up a 1-ton chainfall they had on sale for $40.00 with the 20% off discount coupon. That thing is a beast, drives like butter too. :good2:

·
Registered
568 Posts
He's on a project in Charlotte NC, at a Seimens Plant.
They told him if he stays with the company, they have some new VA Hospitals to build, coming up on the books. One in West Virginia and two more in Virginia.
I drove his truck first time today, on a trip to Greenville NC to the Harbor Freight Store to pick up a 1-ton chainfall they had on sale for $40.00 with the 20% off discount coupon. That thing is a beast, drives like butter too. :good2:
well if hes working at the seimens plant he should have got the cummins......:laugh:

btw to those who said ecodiesel thats RAM not nissan ram went with a VM diesel for cost and they say fuel economy reasons as the 5.0 cummins was done and ready to go into a RAM 1500 then the company (chrysler) went bankrupt and fiat started making decisions.:gizmo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts