Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Gang, I took Friday off of work and did a road trip to Waterloo Ia. to tour the Engine Works plant and Engine Museum. I highly recommend that if you are in the area to schedule tours at both places. The both tours lasted 1.5 hours, we did the plant tour at 9:30 am and the museum tour at 5:30 pm. In the mean time I know a friend that works at the plant and we got to have very good lunch visit between the tours. We want with another Corvette couple to get the Vettes out there for the 200 mile trip. The pics of the plant are limited but, I have got some of the museum to share. All in all we had a great day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
:yahoo::dance::yahoo::dance: What a cool trip and experience Randy! :greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
That looks like fun! I should go there sometime...It is only about 80 miles from me

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like fun! I NEED to go there sometime...It is only about 80 miles from me
I corrected it for you. Big mistake if you don't take the time. The also have a Cabs plant tour in Waterloo I have on my list of future tours. Jus make sure you register for the tour. You cannot just show up and get a plant tour. The museum does not need a tour guide, but highly recommended. :thumbup1gif:The tour guides are the nicest people, they are what make these tours Great!

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
I want to go! Randy can list all the available tours?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Six years ago my daughter was working for a JD dealership in Crookston, MN. She called me and said she had a seat for me on the dealership's customer tour to the JD plants. We traveled by bus to the Quad Cities the first day. The next day we toured the combine production facility, Parts Depot and a museum. The next day we went to the engine plant and then on to the tractor plant. It was fascinating to see everything being built. We even saw a Gold Key customer follow his tractor through the production process and then got to be the first one to start it up at the end of the assembly line and drive it to the final inspection station. Would do this tour again in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
740 Posts
Some of those pictures really show how far mechanized ag has come in the last 100 years... Heck, even in the last 50.

The Deere Museum is certainly on my "must do" list as well. A factory tour would be sweet too so long as they provide bibs and or napkins for cleaning up all the drool.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Why did I not see this thread before? I must be getting old in my old age. Nice pics Randy. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Today at the tractor and engine museum

Some photo’s from our visit today.

Some notes.
1. A shirt is available for the losers on the key thread.
2. Park a 112 next to an 8400R and it looks like a toy.
3. You cannot buy a i-match for a 8400R at Harbor Freight and if you did it would take everyone in the store to load it in your truck.
4. Like everything Deere does it is classy and nicely done and the people are helpful.
5. Harold Block designed the Ford 9N and the 4020. That is an impressive resume.
6. My mother in law thinks an 8 series is too big.
7. Herminator and SonOfHerminator both got to sit on the B but only one made tractor noises.
8. OtherSonOfHerminator was better at identifying the tractor from the noise of it starting and ideling.
a. Herminator only got the 4010 correct but that was cheating a little because it was the only non popper.:hide:
9. Mrs. Herminator rolled her eyes quite a bit when I said I needed my coat off for one photo.:hide:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have got to get back to Iowa.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Sorry the weather couldn't have been better for you. :cheers:
A little better here than home but your right. What a dang day.

However I needed a can of AC orange and all our farm and fleet has is two Kubota colors. The one in Cedar Falls had what I needed.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Some photo’s from our visit today.

Some notes.
9. Mrs. Herminator rolled her eyes quite a bit when I said I needed my coat off for one photo.:hide:
KennyD_Shirt.jpg
You and Pat must be in cahoots! Poor Kenny is probably going broke writing those royalty checks! :laugh:

I need to get Sweetie to take pics of me in my BoltOnShirt so I can get in on that action! :laugh:

Looks like a great place to visit! THANKS for sharing the pics!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts