Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Matt,
I see you're using the Fenner drive belts, how smooth do they run. I have a Delta table saw I bought years ago. It ran rough when I got it so I machined all the pulleys on mandrels and now it's very smooth but I'm still using the original belt.

Nice house!

Rob

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
How big a pole barn did you build Kenny?
I started out with the intent to build a 30x40 Stick and by the time I was done the pad I'd already sold myself on 30x44.

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
How big a pole barn did you build Kenny?
I started out with the intent to build a 30x40 Stick and by the time I was done the pad I'd already sold myself on 30x44.
It it 24x36 total, but he front finished part is 24x24-the rear 12' is open for implement and other storage.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Matt,
I see you're using the Fenner drive belts, how smooth do they run. I have a Delta table saw I bought years ago. It ran rough when I got it so I machined all the pulleys on mandrels and now it's very smooth but I'm still using the original belt.

Nice house!

Rob
The nice house is my neighbor's, mine is the non-landscaped dump.

I really like the Fenner belts. The first one I bought was for my Sears contractor's table saw. It would dance and shimmy like a cheap stripper when I shut it off. That went away as soon as I put the Fenner belt on. That was enough to sell me on them that I use them on all my belt driven equipment except my L-130 lawn tractor. I asked Fenner if I could use them on the lawn tractor and they didn't recommend it.

A friend of mine built a repetitive test rig for the pressure sensors he invents, and he was having vibration roblems skewing his test results. I clued him on the Fenner belts, which he installed on his test rig and he's happy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
those are some cool projects. I just finished restoring a horse trailer and making my harrow imatch compatible. Just need to get that fuel pump to get my tractor running.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please post pictures of your restored horse trailer and harrow upgrade.

Thanks for looking at my projects.

·
Registered
490 Posts
actually, i havent got one of the harrow yet but i have a bunch of the trailer. Found out that the lights didnt work so i had to rewire the trailer this morning.:frown: Luckly, it is fixed and still for sale. :D It looks almost new, especially in the pictures. :D Here are the before and after pictures. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice work.

I wonder why they don't paint metal trailers rust color.

My trailer guy says black is the best to hide rust, but heck when my car hauler really needs paint I am going to paint it rust color.

D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts