Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Chad, I love seeing your tractor at work. Would you mind taking a picture of the mounting bracket on the right hand side how it attaches with the steering linkage? We are having a discussion on My Tractor Forum about the JD 45 loader on an X739. I designed a bracket that works on all the other X700 series but we discovered it doesn't work with the X739. Thanks so much for posting your machine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have only used the spreader for pelletized lime. The lime was bought through a agricultural agronomy department and is not random pellets like the big box store. They are all fertilizers s traditional sized. The spreader worked very well for this. The electric motor that throws the material is consistent regardless of speed. I lowered my throttle so full pedal was at a manageable rate to safely cover the property. The next test is Scott’s weed and feed product. The granules are like salt. I’ll advise when I apply. The grass is a few days out from being completely actively growing.
Look forward to hearing how that goes because the scotts weed and feed and the crabgrass halt pre-emergent are what mine has trouble with. If that one works and I can also get rid of another tow behind attachment I am all in.

My current one works great for like and Milorganite applications.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Can we assume you added the Deere logo and stripe?

That is the best looking x739 I have seen................Congratulations..........you should be very proud. (y)
Thank you. :) Yes, the stripes are from the parts list for the 120R loader. I thought they might fit well and am happy how it turned out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How do you like the spreader? Does it work will with fine partial stuff in addition to things like lime that you out down at a higher rate? My pull behind it terrible for finer stuff and want something better.
I applied 50 lbs of the fine granules from Scott's today. It is incredible how evenly to broadcasts compared to my Scotts pro walk behind. The constant electric motor-driven throwing wheel works perfect one the fine product. I would venture to say it is better than on the large stuff as it is all small and the larger stuff has variances in sizes that cause different throw distances.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I applied 50 lbs of the fine granules from Scott's today. It is incredible how evenly to broadcasts compared to my Scotts pro walk behind. The constant electric motor-driven throwing wheel works perfect one the fine product. I would venture to say it is better than on the large stuff as it is all small and the larger stuff has variances in sizes that cause different throw distances.
Appreciate the update on this. Sounds like exactly what I want. Just found someone selling an x720 and this locally this week too. Hoping I can convince them to part with it by itself.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts