Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 25 hours ago i went through and tightened upthe hubs and axles splines becasue the machine was clunking a bit when driving it. I was hoping all would be ok from there. Well its back and I can only assume i have bad hubs/bearings in the front.

There were some cheap alternatives to the deere hub that was made by the same people. Anyone know anything about it?:unknown:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not being a Gator owner, I can only suggest posting pics/numbers off the bearings, etc....
Very few if any bearings are specialty...When I rebuilt the 246 Broom I have 2 bearings were Hex Bore...JD wanted 46.00 each for just the inserts. Ended up finding some higher quality, exact same bearings for 9.00 each from a bearing supply house.

·
Registered
213 Posts
About 25 hours ago i went through and tightened upthe hubs and axles splines becasue the machine was clunking a bit when driving it. I was hoping all would be ok from there. Well its back and I can only assume i have bad hubs/bearings in the front.

There were some cheap alternatives to the deere hub that was made by the same people. Anyone know anything about it?:unknown:
How many hours do you have on it?

Have you had to replace them before?

What kind of conditions do you run it in?

D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts