Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having issues with the grapple closing on my Artillian diverter on my 2018 2025r, pulled this Oring out of one of the valves and now it works but closes VERY slowly. Is this Oring from inside the spool? Is it serviceable? I don’t mind replacing the spool if I need to. The symptoms are the same regardless which port I put the spool into… thanks in advance. Jeff
Automotive tire Camera lens Plant Camera accessory Reflex camera

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
That o-ring is not part of the spool, it’s either from a QD somewhere or worse, a cylinder. If you push the spool open you should be able to get it out and the spool should be OK I’d guess.

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Just to give context, here is the entire conversation via email:

@Kennyd
That o-ring is not part of the spool, it’s either from a QD somewhere or worse, a cylinder. If you push the spool open you should be able to get it out and the spool should be OK I’d guess.

@Log Father
Thanks Kenny, I removed it but still have no clamping pressure with my grapple. I had an accident with a log pile falling in on the top of the grapple a few weeks ago- bent the cylinder- I replaced it, and some fitting, quick connects and both hoses from the diverter valve to the quick connects. I’m a mechanic by trade- but this one has me stumped. The loader functions as it should, just the clamping of the grapple. I took the lines off of the cylinder and off of the valve body and blew some air effortlessly from one end to the other, eliminating a blockage in the quick connects (aftermarket ones) or hoses… I swapped the lines from my loader valves around to use the lift valve to open and close and curl- same thing, swapped the spools from port to port, even the solenoids and the symptom is the same. Any other ideas? Is there such a thing as an air lock? I assume it’s self bleeding…

@Kennyd
OK, thanks for the rest of the story.
The cage that hold the spools can crack when they are over pressurized, I don’t see evidence of that in the pic you sent and you said you swapped spools and the problem stayed the same. SO, I’m not sure either at this point, unless the replacement cylinder is bad and is bypassing internally.

These systems are self purging, so there should be no chance of an air lock. I dod have replacement spools in stock, I think they are $25 each, I’d have to check later as I’m on the road all day. But, not quite sure yet that you need to replace them.

Is there a chance of debris stuck in the valve body?

@Log Father
Hi Kenny, I spent the morning on it- got it sorted out. Like all good stories- fact is often better than fiction! It was the quick disconnect at the hose on the grapple, somehow it would let lots of air through- but as soon as I added the slightest hydraulic pressure it would close, slam shut and not extend the ram to close the grapple. I made up a little test adapter with some pipe thread and JIC fittings- replaced both sides and finally figured it out. They’re brand new- just my luck to have a faulty new part at the same time as the oring lodged in the spool! I can only assume the rogue oring was from the original quick coupling.
I can’t thank you enough for the feed-back.
I’ll give you a very positive shout out on my humble YouTube channel. (The Logfather)
Thanks again, Blessings, XXXX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts