Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 1026R with only the 60D MMM mounted, I found one of these lying on top of the left floor deck just under the brake pedal. I picked it up and stored it for later. About one week later, a second one appeared in the same exact spot on the left side floor deck. There aren’t many places it coud come from other than under the seat. I did remove the seat a few weeks ago to install Kenny’s heavy duty springs. Any ideas on where these go?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
Looks like a hard hydraulic line holder/spacer/clamp.

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
I can’t tell how big they are, but I bet they are the small retainers that go on top of the springs. Those little suckers are expensive!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off the original springs or do they go on your new ones as well? When I looked under the seat, the top off the new spring on the right hand side had slid back off location and was at a 45 degree angle. I just slide it back and it snapped into the bottom cup.

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
They are on the old springs, then reused for the new springs.

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
I found this old picture to show you:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
12,642 Posts
The OP said this was a 1026R. What's weird is the parts list for the seat shows nothing like this.

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
You don't see the springs in that drawing, the correct drawing is hard to find anymore-it may not even be in JDP anymore.

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
Found it:

·
Premium Member
12,642 Posts
So the correct illustration for the 1-series seat is now found under X758 Garden Tractors? Wow... I mean, I usually look in some obscure places when searching for parts but... wow. Good job sir. :)

Reactions: greenharley

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
It uses that same seat setup, LOL
JDP used to show that for the 1026R's, but at some point when the 1025's came out they removed that detail for both.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
Part Number M153101......................$25.22 EACH!!!!!

Reactions: greenharley

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,642 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ken,

The springs in your color photo also show a retainer washer and nut on the bottom to help hold them in position. Mine do not have that and are free standing around the formed bump in the base sheet metal. I find it surprising as well that those expensive little top retainers just sit in the top of the springs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts