Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha. So this is the second nut I have found lying around my yard ... The first one was found right by the tractor. They are brand new and match those on the tractor. Upon a quick inspection.. I cannot see where they fell from. Mind you this 1025 is only 3 months old. Anyone ever have a new 1025 drop nuts randomly and have any idea where they could have come from?
P.s. Pretty sure the jokes will be flying here but hopefully someone has some serious insite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and they are 1/2 socket size and i believe 3/8 in the middle.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
More likely 13mm socket size than 1/2" and M10 bolt size rather than 3/8". Metric fasteners now.

I would determine the P/N. Then go to JD parts web site and do a P/N search for a model 1025R. That would show ever place that nut is used on your tractor. Then you would have places to check for missing nuts.

It is also possible the assembler dropped the nuts and just grabbed more rather than hunt for the dropped ones and they finally fell off.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't see any assembler/paint pen marks on them...

Reactions: JimR

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the nuts have locking type grooves and have stamped on them LP and 10. No paint/pen marks or loctite marks.

·
Super Moderator
5,186 Posts
I don't see any assembler/paint pen marks on them...
This is actually a very good clue. All the nuts usually have a white paint pen mark on them that is put on when the machine is built (I *Think* it indicates that the nut/bolt was torqued to spec).

So if your's don't have the white mark, they are from something that was dealer installed or just excess bits that someone dropped or set down and forgot about during assembly.

Reactions: Levi and OldmanX

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is actually a very good clue. All the nuts usually have a white paint pen mark on them that is put on when the machine is built (I *Think* it indicates that the nut/bolt was torqued to spec).

So if your's don't have the white mark, they are from something that was dealer installed or just excess bits that someone dropped or set down and forgot about during assembly.
This was one of my thoughts as well. That they are extras the dealer dropped. Neither of them have any marks or paint on them.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
The nuts don't appear to have been touched by any wrench so as stated they may have just finally fallen off of a support or something,, But I would still scour that machine just to make sure... Better safe than sorry.. :hi:

Reactions: Levi and KE8LW

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the ideas guys. Il check out the prior 3 posts suggestions when I get home from work tonight!! I will get to the bottom of these nuts (deez nutz)!

·
Registered
448 Posts
You may check and see if you have a Kubota owner nearby that is GREEN with envy of your new machine and they fell out of their ears as they were driving by shaking their head. :laugh:

Other than that I think its a safe assumption that these are extras, I dont see any type of witness marks from a wrench / socket / or marring of the lock on the nuts. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Do you have a mower on? Apparently the level adjuster bolts on x700 are not holding position on some tractors

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im leaning towards them being dropped extras. I searched the machine again last night and cant find anywehere they would go. Air cleaner all tight and bolted, mower deck is on and lower/raise mechanism is more like hangers on hooks then any bolting. Much like the hangers on my old LX176.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rear fenders are tight as can be. Il have to take the mower deck off sometime this weekend and look up her underside to see if i see anything.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Rear fenders are tight as can be. Il have to take the mower deck off sometime this weekend and look up her underside to see if i see anything.

:lolol::lolol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts