Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll be attending the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Ky. Feb 14-17, 2018. ...We plan to be there all 4 days.

Would love to meet up with as many folks from GTT as possible. Please reply here if you are planning to attend.

The show is free. Hotels are expensive. We used AirBnb to reserve a room.

We had a great time last year. Looking forward to more of the same this year.

Tim

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,692 Posts
Wish it was in May, planning a vacation back that way then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,521 Posts
BoltOnHooks will be there :yahoo:

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
We made a reservation last week. Will be there Fri-Sat.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Still thinking about it. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
We'll be attending the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville Ky. Feb 14-17, 2018. ...We plan to be there all 4 days.

Would love to meet up with as many folks from GTT as possible. Please reply here if you are planning to attend.

The show is free. Hotels are expensive. We used AirBnb to reserve a room.

We had a great time last year. Looking forward to more of the same this year.

Tim
I just wonder after that show what will be added to your fleet:lol:

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
:dunno: i would love to go this yr. but...........next Wednesday i have a Dr's appt. to see a fella about doing some cutting on me.

my internal hemorrhoids are giving me fits it seems. i've had em for yrs. had them looked at several yrs ago. i begged that dr to cut them out back then, but he claimed the internal ones was a different breed, :banghead: and if they wasn't all that bad, he wanted to let them alone. well heck, u just can't run to ER everytime they flair up. now if they didn't stop bleeding yeah-i'dl go to the ER. but usually they do clear up pretty good. but still spotting most days. only reason i called this fella this time is, for a couple of weeks they was acting up badly. so i figured it was time to get em looked at again. just not the thing u want to go to have looked at-right:banghead:

Dieselshadow--are u going this yr again. really would like to go, if only for one day. down and back.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
THANKS for posting this, Tim!! I was thinking about this very subject last week!! :bigthumb:

Right now, my plan is to come down on Thursday, Feb 15. This show isn't Sweetie's cup of tea, so she won't be coming. And since she won't be coming, that means that I'd better not be gone on Valentine's Day (like I was for work last year! :nunu: :laugh:). I think that Friday and Saturday will be pretty crowded, so that leaves Thursday for me.

I'd definitely like to meet up with anyone that's there, at least for lunch or a cup of coffee.

I went to the show a few years ago. It was a lot of fun, but a long, tiring day! I'll be doing it as a one day trip - and the venue is 2.5-3.0 hours each way for me.

One hint for those that haven't been there before - Bring some sort of backpack to put the "stuff" that you get from the booths in. Last time I picked up a couple of vendor shopping bags, but those get heavy lugging them around all day. A backpack is probably a lot less tiring.

Kenny - are you going to have a booth there?

·
Administrator
18,521 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Lots of friends there

I know of two bus loads of people from Virginia who will be there plus a bunch who drive or fly. I can't go- never have gone but it's on my list. Maybe next year as I have a different work trip coming up this year that I won't take next year.

Y'all have fun, let us know what's new, different and fun.

Treefarmer

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
I’ll be there. :bigthumb:

Fair warning. :lol:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Didn’t work out this year, hopefully next year. Thanks For Reminder Tim. Guys and gals going, Have fun and don’t spend too much:laugh:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish it was in May, planning a vacation back that way then.
It could never be in May, Zach. No row-crop farmer would be able to attend.
Too bad. Would love to meet up with you again.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,692 Posts
It could never be in May, Zach. No row-crop farmer would be able to attend.
Too bad. Would love to meet up with you again.
Yeah, I understand that. We’re just planning our family vacation then, before public schools get out. Headed to see the Ark.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Just thinking of not attending the NFMS gives me a bad case of FOMO. Would take something rather significant to stop my plans of going.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Pretty much all day.

When I went a few years ago, I got there around 10:30 or 11:00 (later than I'd hoped) and I spent until 5ish walking the halls. This year I'm hoping to be down there by 9:00 or so.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For a casual visitor like me, how much time would I plan on needing there? (Not including tractor pulls :) )
Pretty much all day.

When I went a few years ago, I got there around 10:30 or 11:00 (later than I'd hoped) and I spent until 5ish walking the halls. This year I'm hoping to be down there by 9:00 or so.
Like Mark says, 9-5:30. If you stop to look at anything, or sit for a few minutes to enjoy a Kentucky Pork Producers Pork Chop, you'll not be able to cover the entire show floor.

·
Premium Member
13,847 Posts
Like Mark says, 9-5:30. If you stop to look at anything, or sit for a few minutes to enjoy a Kentucky Pork Producers Pork Chop, you'll not be able to cover the entire show floor.
Tougher than most think to pass up a good pork chop :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, I understand that. We’re just planning our family vacation then, before public schools get out. Headed to see the Ark.

If you're in the area for the Ark, you may also want to check out the Creation Museum.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts