Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.farmmachineryshow.org/

February 13, 14, 15, and 16, 2019.

There’s been lots of talk of this in a few different forums, so I though I’d create the official thread for the 2019 show.

The BoltOnHooks team will be there again this year! As the date come closer we’ll setup a time and place for a meet and great.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
OxPath and his brother will be there for three days, the 13 - 15th.

I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of GTT members and putting faces with usernames. Except for that DieselShadow fella. Kenny said it's pretty painful seeing him close up. :laugh:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
i hope to be able to attend for a day or 2 this yr. seems like every time this rolls around, i have been sick-so fingers crossed for me-ok:bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I wish I could, I'll have to live vicariously through all the posts and pics from members that attend and just wait until August for EFD. Just not the right time of the year for me to take a week off of work. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Mrs. And I are planning on going this year:yahoo:. Put it on the agenda and we are good to go. Plan on driving down Thursday and coming back Sunday. Can’t wait to meet you guys and gals and put faces with names.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I'll have to see if Josh wants to go. Dirty already said no. I might just go anyway.

Where does one stay when they attend? The last 2 times I went to the center we stayed at a place within walking distance. I'm guessing at this late date I'll be a little SOL.

I hope I get to see the inside of Dieselshadow's wallet.:mocking:

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
There's literally nothing to see. :unknown:

Kenny, you already know I'm going to be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting even more members! :thumbup1gif:

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
I'll have to see if Josh wants to go. Dirty already said no. I might just go anyway.

Where does one stay when they attend? The last 2 times I went to the center we stayed at a place within walking distance. I'm guessing at this late date I'll be a little SOL.

Sounds like I have a ride and a place to stay.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:mocking:
We are staying at a Holiday Inn Express about 5 miles away. The closest hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn at gate 4 where we stayed last year was $100 more a night.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Christy and I are planning to be there. We are returning from The Netherlands Feb 12, so we may not be able to make the 13th. We'll try to be there on 14th-16th.

We have been staying at an AirBnB. However, I'm afraid the lady may have sold the one we have been renting for each show recently :-(

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
She who holds my money says I can't buy a new, new tractor, but I can go. Called Josh, he's in.:bigthumb: Dirty is still a punk.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
We booked a room last Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Express for $240 a night. It probably would have been much less if we had booked earlier, but that's the price of procrastination. They still had several variations of rooms available, including some with two beds.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
She who holds my money says I can't buy a new, new tractor, but I can go. Called Josh, he's in.:bigthumb: Dirty is still a punk.
I bought a tractor there last year.... but it was a Kubota. :hide:

20180215_111933_resized_1.jpg

Bought it for Sweetie's great-nephew. His daddy has one of those orange tractors although his momma grew up with mostly green tractors.

Still on the fence about going again this year. Probably won't make a final decision until a few days before. And what day I come down will probably depend on what day Kenny is buying dinner for everyone!! :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... And what day I come down will probably depend on what day Kenny is buying dinner for everyone!! :laugh:
Probably Friday night...bring Sweetie along:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
https://www.farmmachineryshow.org/

February 13, 14, 15, and 16, 2019.

There’s been lots of talk of this in a few different forums, so I though I’d create the official thread for the 2019 show.

The BoltOnHooks team will be there again this year! As the date come closer we’ll setup a time and place for a meet and great.

Will BoltOnHooks have a booth at the show?

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will BoltOnHooks have a booth at the show?
No, not this year. Booths are EXPENSIVE there and they have a waiting list to get one. Logistics is another issue as we learned from doing the EFD show last year, so I think well do smaller shows like that for a bit longer to gain experience.

These type shows are typically a money looser also once you factor in travel, hotels, booth space, and your stuck in a booth the whole time and can't see the rest of the show well.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
No, not this year. Booths are EXPENSIVE there and they have a waiting list to get one. Logistics is another issue as we learned from doing the EFD show last year, so I think well do smaller shows like that for a bit longer to gain experience.

These type shows are typically a money looser also once you factor in travel, hotels, booth space, and your stuck in a booth the whole time and can't see the rest of the show well.
I totally understand that. My hardwood lumber supplier quit doing shows years ago for the same reasons.

I am planning on being at the show at least Thursday & Friday. Maybe Saturday also.
I have been there several times for a day. I either went with our high school FFA or with farmer friends. I have never seen the entire show.
This year my wife & I are going to make it a small vacation.

I hope we get to see you there.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts