Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Has anyone been to the National Farm & tractor pull show in Louisville, KY. I believe it starts Feb.15th. Looks like a really big event. Show is indoor & free. Pay for parking only & the Pull event if you attend.
I've only missed a couple of the shows here in the past 25 years. Excellent show, amazing pulls, and put the two together for dang good time!

Wednesday and Thursday is best time to go. Friday and Saturday is completely insane with shoulder to shoulder people shuffling along through 1.2 million square feet of under roof exhibits.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
I need to write this down some where so I don't forget as I'd love to go. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I have been there many times. Amazing amount of machinery on display. Many tractor brands that you do not see often.

The tractor pull is in Freedom Hall where the Louisville Cardinals play basketball. I get a good laugh at the pulls. Before the first class of the night starts, they announce that no smoking is allowed in the arena. Then they start the diesel & alcohol burning engines.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Funny you'd post this in the last 24 hours! I was just thinking yesterday evening that I need to make sure that I put the show on my calendar for this year!

I went a couple of years ago. It was pretty amazing - and HUGE!! Louisville is about a 2.5 hour drive for me and I did this as a day trip. I was pretty worn out when I got home.

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
I typically go.Perhaps we should arrange a GTT meetup for this year??? I usually attend on Friday.

Tim
I'm going to attend this year. Let's see if we can meet up Friday? I'd love to see more GTT members there. We both can do some videos. :thumbup1gif: Maybe you can catch this elusive diesel guy? :unknown:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
To my knowledge, there is no other show which compares to the NFMS. On their website, it says over 850 exhibitors and 1.2 Million square feet. That is over 27 acres, all 'warm', indoors, and FREE!

The only thing larger is the Farm Progress show held in late August (outdoors) each year, alternating between Iowa and Illinois. In fact, the new 2032r and 2038r were announced at the 2016 Farm Progress Show.

In any case, please reply to this thread, or contact me via PM if you are interested in meeting up with Dieselshadow and me on Friday. Also, there is some discussion in our household of Katriel coming down to see the show on Saturday. If she can make it, we will spend 2 days there.

We would love to see any of you who can make it.

Tim

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
To my knowledge, there is no other show which compares to the NFMS. On their website, it says over 850 exhibitors and 1.2 Million square feet. That is over 27 acres, all 'warm', indoors, and FREE!

The only thing larger is the Farm Progress show held in late August (outdoors) each year, alternating between Iowa and Illinois. In fact, the new 2032r and 2038r were announced at the 2016 Farm Progress Show.

In any case, please reply to this thread, or contact me via PM if you are interested in meeting up with Dieselshadow and me on Friday. Also, there is some discussion in our household of Katriel coming down to see the show on Saturday. If she can make it, we will spend 2 days there.

We would love to see any of you who can make it.

Tim
I do believe your knowledge is correct sir, any time I have read anything or heard anyone talk about the NFMS it's in reference to Louisville being the big/great one. It's far more than just ag equipment. If you can ride it, drive it, pull it, or use it to work with or on/repair something...... There's a booth displaying it in Louisville.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I was lucky enough to attend this show today http://Keystone Farm Show (Jan 2017), ... http:/ in York,Pa. A friend i worked with in Hagerstown, Md., called me the other evening and asked me to come down to his farm, and ride with him, his son, and his BIL down to York, to view this show.
so i left the house at 5.30am and headed down, 44* when i left my house, but 20 miles down the road, it soon went to 22*, the roads was very good shape the whole way to his house. but they had freezing rain down that way over night, and i did not bring my ice cleats with me, as i figured it would be warmer down there. ha! big surprise when i stepped out of my truck, at their barn, in the driveway, only walked around front of my truck and made a few steps, and my feet flew right out from under me. well i didn't want to fall on my knee-replacement, so on the way down, somehow, i managed to flip around, to land on my toe of my boot, but still banged my knee, and left hand. gravity is so mean to a fella like that:laugh:
I thought laying on the ground, man i'm not be able to go now. but i crawled over to the cement porch, got my right leg and shoe on the little bit of dry ground, and used the porch post to hoist myself up, then i thought what i do now, stand here till his son comes out of the milking room:dunno: i was able to inch over to the hood of my truck and safely make it over to grass then.
while his son was taking a shower, i rolled my pant leg up to look at my knee, yelp-there was marks, where them little rocks touched. i rolled pant leg down, took 3 extra strength tylenol, they helped, and i walked over 3500 steps, and toured 7 out of the 9 buildings, and tents that was set up. I had to set out 2 or 3 of them, but hey i enjoyed watching all the people, waiting on them to come back out.
lots of great equipment to look at, anything about a farm was there too. even got to watch a wood processor work, too much to write about. and i forgot the pics-:nunu:yeah ii know-but i was just trying to keep going so i wouldn't lock up. according to my fit watch i walked 1.64 th of a mile. unbelievable for me:thumbup1gif:

downside to this great day is--my knee cap is black and blue as i write this, so today i have to call for a Dr's appt., so he can check it out. i might of played heck on the plastic part in there-i hope not:banghead:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Hope nothing is bad wrong Big Jim. Told my wife about this show in Ky. and she told me there is no reason I can't go but she wouldn't be able to go with me because she can't do all that walking. She gets tired quick. So as of now I'm going to try and make it. About a 5 hour drive, one way. Being by myself, maybe less. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'm glad you posted that Levi, just throwing my .02 out there for anyone thinking of attending this show. If you are traveling far enough making attending this show hard to do in a day trip and needs to stay over night........ Book your room asap. Many hotels are already sold out by now but finding a room is still doable. Rooms will vanish with each day as the show date approaches.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
This keystone show bigjim is talking about sounds fairly large and similar to the NFMS in how it's held in different buildings. Although connected to one another, the NFMS is held in basically different buildings due to all the additions to the place over the years. I'd hate for someone to make their first trip here and be disappointed to not find one single building large enough to contain 27 acres all by itself. Wear a good pair of shoes or don't forget the charger/chord for your hover-round. The NFMS is sprawled out and to see it all will require covering some ground!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
This keystone show bigjim is talking about sounds fairly large and similar to the NFMS in how it's held in different buildings. Although connected to one another, the NFMS is held in basically different buildings due to all the additions to the place over the years. I'd hate for someone to make their first trip here and be disappointed to not find one single building large enough to contain 27 acres all by itself. Wear a good pair of shoes or don't forget the charger/chord for your hover-round. The NFMS is sprawled out and to see it all will require covering some ground!
I found out that this same outfit has show in New York later this yr. these buildings was BIG, inside, they had several rows lined inside, where u walked up and down the rows to look at things. first time in my life to have ever seen anything like it. I LOVED IT. My friend called me this evening to ask how my knee was and how sore i was after yesterday.:laugh: I would love to go next yr agin with him-hopefully.
I'm sure if i had looked at everything there, i would done way over 3 miles or more of walking. i was happy with over 1mile and a half.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
We will arrive Thursday evening and be at the show on Friday AND Saturday.

Sounds like we have Christy, me, (Katriel on Saturday), dieselshadow, levi, and maybe ky_shawn so far?

It is easy to get to Louisville from most of the eastern US. ...and its winter. Too cold to do anything outside.
Anyone else up for the trip?

Tim

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Make sure if you drive your diesel truck that you're not running offroad diesel. I heard a few years ago the law was there checking tanks for it. A friend goes every year as he works at a tractor dealership nearby.
:nunu:that would be really low of them creeper cops to do something like that. but...............i have seen just as bad in my own area. yrs ago-20--to 25 yrs ago, we had a creeper cop who wanted to rise up in the ranks very badly, so on Friday nights he would sit and wait till the races was over, and then pull certain trucks and trailers over, as he had been walking in the infield, while the race was going on. this made a whole lot of enemies of him. A lot of it was just small things, like light's out, maybe a tire with just not enough thread on.
well one friday night he pulled the wrong fella over, after the race, it was the Captain's nephew, gave him a fine. needless to say this creeper cop was then transferred to another part of the state far from the local race track.

so i could see them checking fuel tanks--i suppose-but i would think it would have to happen before the truck got on the property that was hosting the show:dunno: as it would be bad business for the show. just my 2cts. it was a never good site to see the Fed's at a scale house or rest stop 25yrs ago checking ur color of ur fuel back then.:lol:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
I was stopped twice last year at roadside checks by "Revenue Enforcement Agents", at least that's what their jackets said. Once with my own Silverado 1500 and once with a company F-150. They asked, "diesel or gas" and when I told them gas, they sent me on my way. Pennsylvania is big on revenue enforcement, regardless of the source.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts