Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year (didn't really get to use the new CTA 60" plow) I had some leakage out of the fittings for the angls cylinder only.
I noticed that the front fitting looks like it might be rubbing slightly. I picked up some permatex ptfe paste (as I read you are not to use tape-which someone did before me). I've brushed up on the install instructions but it does not show the fitting orientations crystal clear. If someone has their hitch ready to go (which for some of you seems to be about August), I was wondering if you could snap a pic for me to match my fittings. If anyone has advice/pointers, I'm all ears.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,474 Posts
Do you have a picture of yours?
A guy once told me if I needed to use tape something was wrong. However, I use tape.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I will need to double check because I am going from memory (not so good any more), but I think those fittings do not require any sealant. They are a swivel fitting and can be tightened at any convenient angel that will work. If the fitting is tight and is still leaking, then you need a new fitting. As far as position, I would just position so that there is not binding or rubbing of fittings or hoses. I myself try to avoid using sealant on hydraulic fittings that have seals. I will try and remember to check this out for you to confirm.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
OK, I just did a quick look on JDParts. And yes, they are O-ring seal fittings. You may just have a bad O-ring.

AC.jpg

Hydraulic Angling Kit
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1BM20922Kit1ANGLING CYLINDER
2AM132313Hydraulic Hose1
3T77814O-Ring2
438H1545Elbow Fitting2
5R26448O-Ring2
6M132021Cap1(YELLOW)
7AM102420Hydr. Quick Coupler Plug2
8M132022Cap1(SILVER)
9AM132314Hydraulic Hose1
10AH63565Elbow Fitting2
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1111M7087Cotter Pin14 X 40 mm
12A15716Pin Fastener1
13R28782O-Ring2
14AM119905Hydraulic Cylinder1
15M135963Pin Fastener1
1611M7015Cotter Pin13.200 X 25 mm
1734H251Spring Pin11/8" X 1"
18R44302Tie Band4
19M84180Ring1

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts
I will need to double check because I am going from memory (not so good any more), but I think those fittings do not require any sealant. They are a swivel fitting and can be tightened at any convenient angel that will work. If the fitting is tight and is still leaking, then you need a new fitting. As far as position, I would just position so that there is not binding or rubbing of fittings or hoses. I myself try to avoid using sealant on hydraulic fittings that have seals. I will try and remember to check this out for you to confirm.
Yes. O-ring seal fittings. Just rotate the fitting to the correct angle and tighten the lock nut and washer that seal the o-ring into it's counter-bore.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I just did a quick look on JDParts. And yes, they are O-ring seal fittings. You may just have a bad O-ring.

Thanks so much. I will reposition/snug them up and give them a look for further leaking. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the transmission fluid change next week so I don't have to do it in the spring when things get busy. If they continue to leak, I'll pick some up while I am there. I mean they can't be more than .20 a piece right?:laugh::lolol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts