Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone would be so kind to give me a measurement I would appreciate it.
This would be from a JDQA set using the standard 3" wide x 1.18" thick tines.

I need a center of fork tine to center of fork tine measurement with the forks locked into the frame notches where it is closest to a 30" center.
I'm building a cart that will hold my blower as well as the forks in 2X4 box tubes.

Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks man!
It is much appreciated.:thumbup1gif:

Double checking that measurement is center to center correct?:pray:
Before i weld....

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You sure that dolly is stout enough to hold that rear blower? Don't take any chances man!!

Only kidding. Nice work! :thumbup1gif:
Hey man, it was free steel! :laugh:
If you've ever been on a jobsite where you get float loads of slope or barrier fabric you know of what i speak.
They use new pieces of box tubing or C-channel in the trailer stake pockets. I'm sure it's included in the price of the load.
Many seem to make it in the back of pickups after unloading.:spy:

So now i'm waiting for a sunny day that gets up into the 50's or so that i may make it green.
I will be able to store the blower and the forks, as well as be able to move the dolly on the forks, as well as roll it out of the way.
I also could use a small MIG. Welding thin wall tubing with stick can get on one's nerves.
Even though when i was almost finished i decided to go up to a 1/8" 7018 and drop down to the 3/32" setting.
Made a world of difference and allowed me to patch over some of the holes i burned through. :laugh:

image29-vi.jpg

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Joe,

Half of me is telling the other half I should zip it and butt out, but in the end the loud half wins. :laugh:

It will be easier to insert the tips of your forks into the tubes if you add some kind of angled lead in features, sort of like the opening of a trumpet horn. Even just a couple of flat extensions on the bottom to rest the tips on as you insert them into the tubes would be helpful.

Anyway, maybe consider holding off on painting until you get everything on hand and get to try it out.

Ok, butting out now. :good2:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe,

Half of me is telling the other half I should zip it and butt out, but in the end the loud half wins. :laugh:

It will be easier to insert the tips of your forks into the tubes if you add some kind of angled lead in features, sort of like the opening of a trumpet horn. Even just a couple of flat extensions on the bottom to rest the tips on as you insert them into the tubes would be helpful.

Anyway, maybe consider holding off on painting until you get everything on hand and get to try it out.

Ok, butting out now. :good2:
Lol
No, don't butt out. There's nothing to learn by doing that.

I don't think it will get painted before the end of this month and the hopeful forks delivery date.
Yeah, you're scaring me . :laugh:
But i'll be OK. I've loaded and unloaded many many pallets and truck loads of equipment in the blind. And usually one fork is always bent. lol
The only bummer is not be able to stand up real quick to see the fork tips if need be. But i guess i could bypass the seat switch. Maybe with another switch? to do it temporarily?'

I'll keep you posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts