Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. There’s a dealer near me who selling a new 2019 JD X570 Garden Tractor for $5800. Meanwhile, I can buy a new 2021 JD X570 at a different dealer for $6399. Although the 2019 seems like a decent deal, I’m concerned that sitting on the dealer lot for up to 2 years in Florida (lots of sun and rain) may have long term issues on it. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
I'd ask the first dealer if he would give me a 2 year extension of the warranty. If he agrees, I'd buy the tractor from him. Unless the tractor has been under water, I don't think the two years sitting would cause any problems long term. Just my opinion though, I have no experience with a similar purchase to back it up.

Good luck and welcome as a poster.

Reactions: George.barthelmes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd ask the first dealer if he would give me a 2 year extension of the warranty. If he agrees, I'd buy the tractor from him. Unless the tractor has been under water, I don't think the two years sitting would cause any problems long term. Just my opinion though, I have no experience with a similar purchase to back it up.

Good luck and welcome as a poster.
Thanks for the input about the warranty!

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
If the 2019 was never sold the 4 Year warranty Begins at Purchase so Your warranty would still be 4 years or 500Hrs Ie November 2024
My dealer Rents some of there equipment out for the first 18 Months and then sells that equipment Deere In turns warranties that equipment with the full warranty when it is finally Purchased By a Individual
More that Likely Deere has already Made there Money on that 2019 JD X570 as these Tractors are usually on consignment to the Dealer for 10 months at the end of 10 months dealer has to Pay Deere or send it Back (y)

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
98 Posts
If your going to keep the 570 for a long time, take the savings on the 2019 and enjoy. Warranty is still 4-years but take a good look at the unit and make sure you don't see any rust or other water damage. If you think you may swop it out for a different model in a shorter time your likely to get a lower trade in value due on the older model year. Make sure the hour meter is under 4-8 hours on both of them. ON the other hand if your uncomfortable with not having a newer unit...remember the $600 difference is only $60/year spread over 10 years. Even less if you keep it longer.:cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Check the hours on the 2019
If it has a few hours there's a good chance it was moved around alot . That would help in keeping things lubricated.

Take a picture of the underside of the mower deck - that should possibly show if it has been used slightly or not at all.

If it's been sitting outside for a year with no signs of any movement I'd ask for a lower price. Just my $.02

Reactions: George.barthelmes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your going to keep the 570 for a long time, take the savings on the 2019 and enjoy. Warranty is still 4-years but take a good look at the unit and make sure you don't see any rust or other water damage. If you think you may swop it out for a different model in a shorter time your likely to get a lower trade in value due on the older model year. Make sure the hour meter is under 4-8 hours on both of them. ON the other hand if your uncomfortable with not having a newer unit...remember the $600 difference is only $60/year spread over 10 years. Even less if you keep it longer.:cool:
Great point about the difference calculated out over the period of ownership. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the hours on the 2019
If it has a few hours there's a good chance it was moved around alot . That would help in keeping things lubricated.

Take a picture of the underside of the mower deck - that should possibly show if it has been used slightly or not at all.

If it's been sitting outside for a year with no signs of any movement I'd ask for a lower price. Just my $.02
The 2019 has only 1.8 hours on it so it hasn’t been moved much I suspect. Thanks for the input on asking for a lower price!

·
Registered
631 Posts
...There’s a dealer near me who selling a new 2019 JD X570 Garden Tractor for $5800. Meanwhile, I can buy a new 2021 JD X570 at a different dealer for $6399. ...
It's a $600 savings but you are quoting msrp for the 2021 - does anyone actually pay that? It's almost December and I know you said Florida, but they can't be moving a whole lot of lawn tractors this time of year - so IMO there should be some incentive for a dealer to 'deal' vs. having a machine sit on the lot until spring rolls in. I would negotiate the price of the '21 down. If you can get at least $300-$400 off, I'd buy the new one. The battery in the '19 (if it was installed) is 2 years old already, and I think they only warrantee those 1yr after date of purchase so that's potentially $100 you will be spending soon on the '19 than on the '21.

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
If the 2019 has been sitting outside for two years and you don't plan to store your machine outdoors, skip the 2019 and negotiate a few bucks off the 2021 model.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
316 Posts
It does kill me how some brand new JD equipment has sat outside for at least a year in the sun and elements prior to being purchased. Most don't leave it outside after purchase. The sun, frost and dew are really hard on the finish. Let's not go into the seats.:mad:

Reactions: darkrt

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
As others have indicated, you're all set.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts