Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200cx with a 53 inch bucket and a 300cx with a 61inch bucket. What are your thoughts on using the 61 on the 200cx for snow removal? I have seen real snow buckets and they are usually a lot bigger than a dirt bucket. The 200cx will be on a 2520.

·
Premium Member
13,926 Posts
The 61-inch bucket should work just fine on the 2520, especially for snow duty. Even though snow can be heavy, it wouldn't be anywhere near the weight of a bucket of stone or gravel.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I only have a 61" bucket for my 2025r with h130 loader. I think same as yours. I use it for snow and dirt. Works fine. I wish it was a little bigger yet for snow.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have the 61 inch bucket for my 3E series and have moved snow a couple of times with it. You will cube it out before you weight it out. However, I have found using a bucket to more snow a poor substitute for the blade I had on my JD 400 garden tractor. If you get enough snow during the season you may want to consider getting a front blade if they make one for your 2 series. I think they do, just a matter of spending a lot of money.

·
Registered
23,799 Posts
However, I have found using a bucket to more snow a poor substitute for the blade I had on my JD 400 garden tractor.
I’ve been using my bucket only on my 850’ gravel drive for many years now. A pair of Edge Tamers helps make it a decent snow removal tool.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So now a wrench got thrown in to the mix. I forgot that I ordered a pair of edge tamers for winter and they won’t fit on the bigger bucket with the replaceable cutting edge, or so I thought I remember reading somewhere. So I just took off the 300cx with the bigger bucket and left the smaller one on the 200cx so I could use the edge tamers if the need arises.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the 61 inch bucket for my 3E series and have moved snow a couple of times with it. You will cube it out before you weight it out. However, I have found using a bucket to more snow a poor substitute for the blade I had on my JD 400 garden tractor. If you get enough snow during the season you may want to consider getting a front blade if they make one for your 2 series. I think they do, just a matter of spending a lot of money.
I have a back blade that I was going to hang on the back and try, not sure if I will like that. But I have a front 59 inch blower for the 3720. Just have to get it dug out yet. Hopefully we have some time before it gets that bad.

·
Registered
23,799 Posts
I forgot that I ordered a pair of edge tamers for winter and they won’t fit on the bigger bucket with the replaceable cutting edge, or so I thought I remember reading somewhere.
It might be worth a couple minutes to try them on the larger bucket - Looks like they may fit on some with the replaceable cutting edge.

·
Registered
398 Posts
So now a wrench got thrown in to the mix. I forgot that I ordered a pair of edge tamers for winter and they won’t fit on the bigger bucket with the replaceable cutting edge, or so I thought I remember reading somewhere. So I just took off the 300cx with the bigger bucket and left the smaller one on the 200cx so I could use the edge tamers if the need arises.
I honestly have no experience with Edge Tamers and a bucket with a replaceable cutting edge. But since they attach to the "edge" hence the name, I don't see why they would not work. I do have a set of them for my 60" 4 in 1 bucket, so I am not totally speaking from my posterior. 😀 :ROFLMAO: Would have been easier to try to install one before removing a loader or bucket.

Jeff

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will definitely be trying the edge tamers on the bigger bucket when it gets back on the tractor. Just not sure that will be anytime soon. Still have to clean up the big toys from harvest and get them ready to hibernate.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I just want to say that if you're using the bucket for snow removal you need to be extra cautious. If you hit an unmovable object while plowing the tractor is going to stop, and stop fast. The majority of the roads in my part of the world have granite curbing, or are under construction, and every year people are hurt and even killed using equipment with blades that don't fold over to clear snow. I've done it myself, but luckily I was strapped in and only broke a rib. Plus, there will be equipment damage. Think about this when using the bucket.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want to say that if you're using the bucket for snow removal you need to be extra cautious. If you hit an unmovable object while plowing the tractor is going to stop, and stop fast. The majority of the roads in my part of the world have granite curbing, or are under construction, and every year people are hurt and even killed using equipment with blades that don't fold over to clear snow. I've done it myself, but luckily I was strapped in and only broke a rib. Plus, there will be equipment damage. Think about this when using the bucket.
So true. The loader will be used for small scraping and to clean down to the cement. I leave my blower up about a 1/4 inch. Easier on the driveway to leave some for when the snowmobiles cross over. Carbides and cement= bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts