Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing a pair of 18.4-30 R1 utility tractor tires. Non-Deere but power gets to the ground the same way. ☺

Currently have Titans, which have worked very well but are currently not available in this area in that size.

Options I've checked into are:
-Firestone Super All Traction II 23º
-Goodyear Dura Torque

Machine sees the usual utility tractor work. Really prefer something not from China.

Wondering if anybody could give recommendations, or if it just comes down to dealer and price.

·
Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Options I've checked into are:
-Firestone Super All Traction II 23º
-Goodyear Dura Torque
Both are excellent. The tractor pullers out there will tell you the Firestones are the best.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
While I'd love to be in the market for your Size tire.......

I can tell you I've been down the ShangHai ,Insert whatever other import china ,korea..etc.

Mine were small......they sucked ,they are GONE.

I'm in the buy once Cry once crowd for anything Tractor/off road.

Those are gonna be spendy.....Find a good dealer that does Volume.

Make sure you get a Date matched Pair.......Your gonna drive a bunch of miles on those..Don't settle for any crappy solution.

Titan seems ok...didn't they buy the goodyear molds or was it the other way around..?.. I forget.

Mine came with Dico's from the factory up front....I'm near positive Titan bought those molds..(R-4's).my rears are GY.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I think those you mentioned are all R-1s. If you stay with R-1, there are some other options including BKT and CEAT which are made in India, not China but are good tires. I think Troulborg also makes that size- made in Europe.

The CEATs are likely to be the least expensive but in our area have proven to be very good tires both in traction and wear. The Firestone and Goodyear are also very good- just more dollars.

As theduke mentioned, check the dates although like everything else these days there aren't a lot of tires sitting around in old inventory. You may be forced to get what's available.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. Ordered Firestones so will see how they work out!

Definitely not cheap, but I've seen the path of "too cheap" tires too many times. Installer is a recognized commercial/ag outfit and it's taking even them a few days to get the tires in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.