Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignore the thread prefix, it allowed me to only select "CAN HAUL," but I'm looking for help for hauling a JD No. 5 mower from Eldorado Wi.

I'm in Western, PA, and it's about a 10 hour drive for me, which I don't mind making, but I'm not sure I want to drive nearly 24 hours for a mower. However, it is apparently set up to work with my H, so I'll make the drive if it comes down to it.

I thought I would check here to see if anyone happens to be travelling from out that way towards me. I'm willing to meet up anywhere to cut down the drive. If not, i'll just buckle down and make the trek. :D

Thanks!

Justin

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Fastenal shipping.
Yup - this! ^^^^^

I bought a snow blade for my FEL last year from a GTT member in NY. Shipping a 6' blade from NY to OH was $200. The seller put the blade on a skid (which the local Fastenal actually provided - but this isn't a normal part of their service. The local store just happened to have an oversized skid in the warehouse and very generously said we could use it.), strapped it down and Fastenal took it from there. I don't remember if I paid for it in advance or paid them when I went to pick it up. Regardless, the seller didn't have to pay for the shipping - it's the recipient.

It was 4 or 5 days in transit. I got a call from the local store when it got there and I took my truck and trailer over there to pick it up.

My only "complaint" is that I couldn't get them to ship it to a local store in a part of town that I go to on a regular basis. That store isn't set up to accept these shipments. But it was shipped to another local store that was the same distance away, just in the opposite direction from where I do a lot of other personal business. Overall, a very inexpensive, simple and painless process.

3PL (Third Party Logistics) | Fastenal)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts