Green Tractor Talk banner

Need Help: Bagger for D140 Doesn't Fit

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  OwenB 
#1 ·
I'm new here and new to John Deere so bare with me.

I just bought a new D140 a few days ago and bought the 48" bagger to go with it.

When trying to install the lower chute that attaches to the mower deck there is not a hole for the front post to go through the deck wheel bracket and no hole or bracket on the back side of the deck to attach the clip on the rubber strap to.

The manual mentions something about drilling a hole on the wheel bracket using the template in the manual but the template doesn't even match the wheel bracket on my mower. Not only that but I don't even know where to drill or hook the back of the chute too...

The box and manual both state that it should fit on my mower. Clearly the deck design has changed, is there a newer model bagger that i'm unaware of?
OR
Do I just need to try lining it up and drill a hole where it looks like it should be? I don't want to start drilling holes in my mower deck and mess something up.

Any advice would be very helpful.
Thanks guys!

See less See more
#3 ·
:wgtt: from Texas !!! I'm not familiar with your model , but I am confident that someone here is and will be along to help . Have fun with your new machine . :cheers:

#4 ·
I'll take some pics of the mounting holes on my D160 deck in the morning and post them for you. To dark to get a decent pic right now. The same bagger fits both mowers.

#5 ·
Is your bagger a power flow model? I think that is the only model that fits the 48"-54" decks. If not it might not work.

#6 ·
The PowerFlow bagger is advertised as only fitting the 54" deck.

There are two different non-PowerFlow baggers - one for the 42" deck and another for the 48" deck.

#7 ·
I'm new here and new to John Deere so bare with me.

I just bought a new D140 a few days ago and bought the 48" bagger to go with it.

When trying to install the lower chute that attaches to the mower deck there is not a hole for the front post to go through the deck wheel bracket and no hole or bracket on the back side of the deck to attach the clip on the rubber strap to.

The manual mentions something about drilling a hole on the wheel bracket using the template in the manual but the template doesn't even match the wheel bracket on my mower. Not only that but I don't even know where to drill or hook the back of the chute too...

The box and manual both state that it should fit on my mower. Clearly the deck design has changed, is there a newer model bagger that i'm unaware of?
OR
Do I just need to try lining it up and drill a hole where it looks like it should be? I don't want to start drilling holes in my mower deck and mess something up.

Any advice would be very helpful.
Thanks guys!
It’s now 2021 and I have the same problem in NZ. I would be interested in how it was resolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.