Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go through about 80-100 gallons of gasoline during the winter for snowmobiles, so I had purchased one of these. Even though it is constructed from Chinesium, it is actually pretty well made.

Fast forward a few months and mistakes were made. I snapped the inlet off the pump. Of course the pump has no identifying markings at all and the manual, such as it is, identifies it only as a 035 Oil pump. There is no manufacturer to call for spare parts.

I measured the fittings and threads and found that it resembles nothing I'm familiar with. I ordered one of these off eBay reasoning that the pump looks identical and it's only $20. The pump is identical in appearance, but scaled down from what I need - like it is 3/4 size.

Other than NPT, I have little experience with pipes and their threads. Fasteners, lots. Given the origin of the thing (China), I'm assuming it is some kind of metric standard, but I don't know that for a fact. Here is what I can tell you:

Pump inlet:
Diameter: 1.413 inches or 35.89mm (measured on mating male pipe threads)
Thread - straight, fine. Appears to be 1.0mm pitch, but I only have a metric thread gauge. Otherwise that works out to 25.4 TPI - 24 TPI would be the closest standard.

Pump outlet:
Diameter: 1.247 inches (awfully close to 1 1/4") or 31.67 mm (measured on mating male pipe threads)
Thread - straight, fine. Also appears to be 1.0mm pitch

I either want to get a replacement pump or adapters so that I can use something based on NPT, but until I can identify the connections, I'm kind of stuck.

Can anyone assist?

Al

·
Registered
983 Posts
AlK, Also, looking at the pic of your transfer pump, you've got tapered threads, not straight...if straight, they'd leak!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AlK, Also, looking at the pic of your transfer pump, you've got tapered threads, not straight...if straight, they'd leak!
That's what you'd think....but they are definitely parallel! It was sealed with Teflon tape, which is OK since the pressure is so low. The pitch is the other puzzle. Even if it isn't exactly 1, it's really really close. Yet I cannot find a reference to ANY fastener or pipe fitting (SAE, JIC, BSP, etc.) that has threads that fine on something that big in diameter. The finest I have seen is 1.5 or about 16 TPI.

Al

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
I might be worthwhile to pickup an inexpensive thread gauge tool from someplace like Amazon. They have inexpensive gauges that measure both metric and SAE threads.

Reactions: AlKozak and glc

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Might just be easier to rethread to 3/4 NPT and use a common/standard pump.

Reactions: glc and AlKozak

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might just be easier to rethread to 3/4 NPT and use a common/standard pump.
That's where I am heading. The size of the pipe is just a hair (0.1") over 1" NPT size so that's easy to do once the tank is mostly empty and I can safely cut off the existing threads.

I did establish that the pump is M36x1 inlet, M32x1 outlet. The only one I found that was definitely correct based on that info was on eBay and it is sold out.

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts