Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 X734 and found a hose in my yard that must have fell off mower. It is the same style hose and clamp that is on multiple locations of the mower for fuel. No clamp indentation on one end which makes me think it is a vent hose. Broken off piece of black plastic in other end with clamp. Hose is 30 1/4" long. Tractor still runs fine with no difference in run quality.
Any help with location would be much appeciated as I cannot find under the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a 2013 X734 and found a hose in my yard that must have fell off mower. It is the same style hose and clamp that is on multiple locations of the mower for fuel. No clamp indentation on one end which makes me think it is a vent hose. Broken off piece of black plastic in other end with clamp. Hose is 30 1/4" long. Tractor still runs fine with no difference in run quality.
Any help with location would be much appeciated as I cannot find under the hood.
You have a water cooled engine? Coolant tank overflow maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
That would be my guess as well . :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
""I will take coolant overflow tank for $38.42, Alex...."" and I would like to buy a vowel.........an "O".

Now would be a good opportunity to try and plastic weld the broken off nipple from the over flow bottle. To replace the over flow tank, it appears it is John Deere part number M169455, which ironically uses a different cap on the over flow which is what the hose hooks too. I would say most likely, the cap came loose which allowed the tank cap to fall down and then likely got stuck in the mower deck or a pulley and pulled the entire hose and cap assembly off the machine. It could have also gotten drawn into the fan and pulled out that way, but the hose doesn't demonstrate the damage to indicate it was caught in the fan.

Note, the new cap is different on the new tank as its a threaded on cap verses a pressed on fit cap.

The new tank sells for $38.42 on various JD parts sources........

Always verify the application of the part based upon your machines VIN number.......as parts are being superseded and replaced.

Here is the link to the parts page.

John Deere Parts Catalog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts