Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

I have a Z915B that has been a great mower, however the seat is not the best when it comes to soaking up the bumps. That said, I have been trying to track down the correct part number for one of the newer Deere seats that feature the Comfortglide suspension and back and forth movement. The issue I have been having is that my dealers are clueless as to what seat to get, and calling John Deere directly was an even bigger waste of time as I was referred back to the dealer network.

From what I can tell, I think the seat kit I need is part # BUC10467, however I still cannot confirm that this seat has the forward and backward suspension adjustment. Does anyone know if this is the correct part # or maybe has the ability to pull more info on this part that the average consumer cannot see?

My dealer is willing to order this part easily enough, however they just can't tell me if it the fully adjustable seat and if they order it and it's not the right part, it will be on me to pay for the shipping charges which is really annoying seeing they can't confirm the part. Seeing that I can't even find an actual picture of this part #, I could use some help.

Dano

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,534 Posts
Dano,
The number you posted should be the complete seat assembly with ComfortGlide suspension.

All ComfortGlide suspension seats have fore/aft suspension movement if desired.

One lever has three functions:
  • Slide seat forward and back 3 in. (10.2 cm) to allow the operator the ability to choose the leg room needed
  • Activate ComfortGlide fore/aft seat suspension
  • Lock out ComfortGlide fore/aft seat suspension

While in town, I'll stop at my dealer to double check.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dano,
The number you posted should be the complete seat assembly with ComfortGlide suspension.

All ComfortGlide suspension seats have fore/aft suspension movement if desired.

One lever has three functions:
  • Slide seat forward and back 3 in. (10.2 cm) to allow the operator the ability to choose the leg room needed
  • Activate ComfortGlide fore/aft seat suspension
  • Lock out ComfortGlide fore/aft seat suspension

While in town, I'll stop at my dealer to double check.
My local dealers are either lazy, or they really dont know how to look up the correct seat. I would be willing to order what they think is right if they were not going to charge me if it turns out to be the wrong seat. They have been really good at showing me a new mower on the showroom floor with the correct seat but as I explained to them, I am not going to buy a new mower when all i need is the seat. And no, they are not interested in selling me just the correct seat from a new mower. lol.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,534 Posts
Dano,
I stopped at my dealer while in town.
There were a few ZT mowers with the ComportGlide seat.
I checked with a salesman and he told me the number BUC10467 is a Wholegoods number. The parts person looked it up, but they had none in stock. He checked with other dealers and the system shows one each at 3 dealers in Mississippi.
The dealers in MS. are named Mississippi Ag. If nothing else, you may want to call the dealer in Summit, MS. and ask them to put their hands on the seat assembly, to make certain it includes everything you need/want. Their number is 601-276-7515. Speak to someone in Parts.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,534 Posts
Thanks, Dano.
My dad, uncles and cousins taught me about the importance of great customer service at our dealership(s). I disliked seeing a dissatisfied customer walk away without as much information as he/she needed.
It seems with these large corporations buying out family owned dealership(which is pushed by Deere themselves), friendly customer service is falling by the wayside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Dano.
My dad, uncles and cousins taught me about the importance of great customer service at our dealership(s). I disliked seeing a dissatisfied customer walk away without as much information as he/she needed.
It seems with these large corporations buying out family owned dealership(which is pushed by Deere themselves), friendly customer service is falling by the wayside.
Sounds like your dad, uncles and cousins have the right idea. 20 years ago, my local dealer operated in the manner you describe and as a result, I purchased two tractors, a zero turn, and numerous implements from them over the years. That said, a few years ago that dealership was rolled into a larger corporation (just like you described) and they are now a monopoly in our area. Customer service has gone out the window and it seems like overall the business has lost its way. As a result, I have gone on to purchase equipment from other brands and dealerships as they were more eager to help me out. Sad to say, but my local dealer or Deere is no longer my first stop when I an in need of something new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.