Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this topic has come up before... I also did some searching and not able to come up with much information.. I have a 1025r interested in a Box Blade and a York Rake. Interested in the Frontier brand but want heavy duty. Also I'm not sure about the box blade width?? I want it wider than my tractor but also don't want to sacrafice the performance. My dealer is ordering me BB2060 Box Blade, and LR2060L Rake with wheels. Any help or comment is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I found that my 48 inch Northern Tool can get loaded down so heavily I can not pull it. Lersonally, I would stay in the four foot range on a 1025r. If you want bigger, think bigger tractor.

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

Reactions: Milharri

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Im sure this topic has come up before... I also did some searching and not able to come up with much information.. I have a 1025r interested in a Box Blade and a York Rake. Interested in the Frontier brand but want heavy duty. Also I'm not sure about the box blade width?? I want it wider than my tractor but also don't want to sacrafice the performance. My dealer is ordering me BB2060 Box Blade, and LR2060L Rake with wheels. Any help or comment is appreciated.
5 ft rake will be fine (what I have) and yes I would not go much wider than the tractor with the box blade.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'll vote for 48 BB that's what I had on a 2210 a 48 worked great. I've got a 60 on a 2032 and it will stop it with a full load. You'll struggle to pull the 60. You should look at the BB 2048L the "L" is for limited lift 3 point which the 1025 is, if you don't get the "L" series you'll have trouble picking the blade or rake up high enough to get over a pile of dirt. I'd also stick with 60 inch rake, dealer sold me a 72 for a 2210 and I never could pull much with it. Was always disappointed in it. Bigger is not always better get the right size you'll be much happier.

·
Registered
118 Posts
SJM01, Good morning and Happy New Year. Can say from experience, a 60" box can fill up fast and drag the 1025R down. I have a King Kutter 60" that I use with my 1025R, it works, but I do need to pay attention to how aggressive I am when using. Just my .02. Good luck. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
438 Posts
You're a wise man to get the wheels with your rake. When it comes down to some fine grading, don't be afraid to disconnect that top link or put another link between the two and rock the rake back onto it's wheels. It will knock off the high spots and not dig holes for some really nice smooth contouring.

Reactions: Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
SJM01, is the Ligonier you put down, just down the road from Howe?

As for a 4 or 5 foot box blade, it depends on how hard you want to work it. Depends on what the area is too. I have a 5 foot but it's not for everyone. I make it work for me. I wanted bigger when I got it back when I bought the 2210 I had. Don't know anything about a rake.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd get the 2048L for sure. You'll appreciate the additional lift height of the L version and a full one is probably all your tractor can handle.

Here's one on my X739 which is similar in size to the 10 series and the 2048L is plenty big, can't imagine a full size 5 footer.

The 2060L rake will be perfect, I got the Woods version which I thought was a little beefier than the Frontier.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Like others anything beyond 48" for the BB would be too much IMHO. I had a BX25 and a 48" BB and found it a great size. The key to a BB is weight for traction. As for the LR, I have the LR2072 in my 2320 and found it to be the perfect size for me. I broke mine in the first month as the main bolt stripped but the dealer just replaced it with a new bolt and lock washer. Like my rear blade, when you keep rotating from back to front you end up loosing the bolt. The lock washer fixed the problem and now for good measure when spinning it around I only go in the direction to tighten the bolt.

It is amazing with the LR what you can do. Again, like most implements running it forward and reverse and dragging it and pushing it will all have different result. Once you learn what each way does different, there is alot you can do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SJM01, is the Ligonier you put down, just down the road from Howe?

As for a 4 or 5 foot box blade, it depends on how hard you want to work it. Depends on what the area is too. I have a 5 foot but it's not for everyone. I make it work for me. I wanted bigger when I got it back when I bought the 2210 I had. Don't know anything about a rake.
I live in Ligonier PA. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
SJM01,
Seems you already made your decision, but I would like to add, part of my decision in choosing a 60" versus the 48" was the need to get more width, as to get close to buildings, without having the tractor come in contact with the structure. Hope that makes some sort of sense. Enjoy the ride and the new implement. Peace, out
:greentractorride:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I live in Ligonier PA. Thanks
Just over the mountain from you...near Bakersville.
I appreciate all the help! Thats what makes Forums so great. I talked to my dealer and he is getting me a 48" BB now.
West Central Equip? The guys in Somerset have treated me well!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Yes, I deal with West Central in New Alexandria. The guys I work with recommended them. They are very helpful and good to deal with.
hey, another close to me PA. member-good. I have been over to New Alexandria for several things at jd, I like them a lot too . good luck with ur new implements(toys). big jim

·
Registered
616 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts