Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 5075E-Looking to purchase this used tractor and the lady's husband died and she does not know anything either. Put key in, made sure it was in park and pressed the clutch in and nothing happens when you turn the key. Control panel will lite up and there is an N that is blinking. Rather frustrating, but can not figure out why it will not crank, but there is got to be someone here who can take me through the procedure. I have read what I can on the on line information and still do not understand how to proceed. Thanks

I have someone coming in the morning who can crank the tractor.

·
Premium Member
13,800 Posts
My guess, and it's only that, is that the N blinking is indicating that you need to put it in neutral. Worth a try at least.:wgtt:

·
Registered
459 Posts
2014 5075E-Looking to purchase this used tractor and the lady's husband died and she does not know anything either. Put key in, made sure it was in park and pressed the clutch in and nothing happens when you turn the key. Control panel will lite up and there is an N that is blinking. Rather frustrating, but can not figure out why it will not crank, but there is got to be someone here who can take me through the procedure. I have read what I can on the on line information and still do not understand how to proceed. Thanks
You in Neutral?

[what Pat said]... he beat me to it

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Manual here at OMSJ17178

NOTE: If the tractor equipped with creeper, start the engine with the range lever in neutral position and gear lever in park position.

Push hand throttle (A) forward off idle position (approximately 1/3 of full throttle). Engine may not start with throttle pulled completely down.

CAUTION: Avoid possible injury or death from a machine runaway.

Do not start engine by shorting across starter terminals. Machine will start in gear and move if normal circuitry is bypassed.

Start engine only from operator's seat with transmission in NEUTRAL.

NEVER start engine while standing on ground.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT run a cold engine at full throttle.

Depress clutch pedal and turn key switch fully clockwise (B) to engage starter. Release key when engine starts. If key is released before engine starts, wait until starter and engine stop turning before trying again.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT operate starter more than 20 seconds at a time. If engine does not start, wait at least two minutes for the starter motor to cool before trying again. If engine does not start in four attempts, refer to “Troubleshooting” section.

Reactions: Jeff B and JD4044M

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called myself doing that, but daylight will be the next time I approach the crime scene, I think this is a good buy with only 400 hours on it, 4 wheel drive, bucket and forks. Price is 26,000. 2014 model. My youngest daughter is offering to pay half of it, nice to have children that have good work habits and saves a lot of her $. Even nicer that she wants to help me purchase this tractor. We both have forestry land, so the tractor will be an asset to both of us. I already have a 4310, but always could use a bigger tractor for some projects. Probable will sell the smaller tractor or not.

·
Registered
203 Posts

I have someone coming in the morning who can crank the tractor.
If its a power reverser transmission, there should be a stock on the steering wheel to the left, make sure that is in the center and not clicked to the top or bottom. If its clicked to forward, or reverse sometimes the tractor will blink N and not start even if you have the clutch in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You might also might check the fuse box below the steering wheel. Ive had a fuse blow and it blink N and not start, there are a few things that will make it flash N like its doing and not start.
These E tractors for the most part are a simple build for a modern tractor.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Is pto control in off position? Have you considered checking battery voltage? You might check for a blown fuse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It might be that you have a power-reverser transmission. The lever to the left of the steering wheel needs to be in the center position (not forward or back). You also need to make sure you are in neutral or park on the gear shift lever. Wait until the N light stops blinking and it should turn over....

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree with others in that it's likely the powereverser lever isn't in the middle (neutral) position. Pretty sure it will start without being in park, but the powerreverser being in neutral is required.

If your daughter drives it much you better also make sure you have the seat adjusted for her weight. I let my Mom drive my 5075E once and the powershuttle was giving us fits. Turned out being I had my seat adjusted for my 200 lbs and my Mom probably weighs less the 120 lbs. Once I adjusted it for her weight the issue went away.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, did you get it stadrted yet ?

The E Series has an engine temp sensor that goes bad frequently. Only affects "Cold" starts (in up North Cold weather) If you have a blown fuse, change it, and as soon as you turn the key to Start position, the fuse blows again and the engine didn't turn over or start, this could be the problem.

When the sensor in mine went bad, in a hot, Louisiana summer, I just unplugged it, taped up the wiring harness plug, and ran it for a few months. Bad sensor does affect fuel usage.

If I remember, the new sensor is not real expensive, so eventually, I replaced it.. Attached is a picture from the parts book. It is in a front engine cover housing, in the area of antifreeze (so be fast with a finger when you take it out), behind and above the injection pump

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts