Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2005 snowblower (MP31788 I think) on my JD L120. Well the transmission went out yesterday while snow blowing (I live in Colorado between CO Springs and Denver - so A LOT of snow).

Now I am stuck - I can order and install the k66 transmission (about 10 days turnaround on that) on my l120, OR go buy new tractor (close to the same price, which is ridiculous) today.

There is more snow on the way today, so I am leaning towards buying a new tractor, only I don't want to shell out another 3500 just for a new blower

So my question is this - will the snow blower, mount, belt drive and pulley from my 2005 l120 fit on the new s130?

I tried to do the jdparts thing - but due to the age of my l120/snow blower I cannot find any kind of cross reference in part numbers between the l120 mounts and the s130.

Any help you could provide would be great.

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
I don't believe your existing blower is compatible. The L120 blower uses an undercarriage frame to mount the blower. The S130 uses a front hitch system. The mounting is entirely different and the front ends on the machines are completely different.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
Are there any l120’s for sale locally? A couple hundred dollars might get a good used transmission, and you can give away any parts you don’t want to keep or store.

An L110or L130 might work as a donor also.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You should probably repair it if everything else is ok. I hear your pain, the belt detonated on my vintage 49 snowblower 5 seconds into a drift. Then I grabbed the walk behind and it just bogged down. Had to high step 200’ to the barn. Unusually wet snow we had, I’m in Franktown

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Hello all! Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2005 snowblower (MP31788 I think) on my JD L120. Well the transmission went out yesterday while snow blowing (I live in Colorado between CO Springs and Denver - so A LOT of snow).

Now I am stuck - I can order and install the k66 transmission (about 10 days turnaround on that) on my l120, OR go buy new tractor (close to the same price, which is ridiculous) today.

There is more snow on the way today, so I am leaning towards buying a new tractor, only I don't want to shell out another 3500 just for a new blower

So my question is this - will the snow blower, mount, belt drive and pulley from my 2005 l120 fit on the new s130?

I tried to do the jdparts thing - but due to the age of my l120/snow blower I cannot find any kind of cross reference in part numbers between the l120 mounts and the s130.

Any help you could provide would be great.
During the D100 series The did some slight frame changes enough that the Blower from the L100 series won't fit On the Later D100 series models & E100 or S100 series without some Modification which you would have to do yourself as Deere doesn't offer a conversion kit

BTW the Tractor that is equivalent to your L120 today is a S170 which also has a K46 transmission like the L120 . The S130 would be a Transmission downgrade to a TL200(same as a T40J)

If the Rest of the L120 is In good condition I would say go with a K66 transmission Kit Because You be Upgrading to be almost equivalent to a JD G110 only difference would be You tractor wouldn't have the rear frame reinforcement kit that the G110 had In order to use a OEM Integral(sleeve Hitch) (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts