Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin' along smooth :greentractorride: as can be picking up the fall crop off the trees with X320 and bagger. Thought I would refuel since I was near my gas cans, so filled-r-up. Started my drive away and within seconds cough, sputter, stall. Restart most difficult and smokey. X320 won't run . . .:unknown:, bad gas I suspect since the 2 cycle version killed my chainsaw and it's probably from the same batch.

So I need some advise as to how to drain the tank. I removed the bolts holding down the deck which may allow me enough room to extract the tank once I remove the fuel lines and electrical plug.

Is that what I should do? Or is there an easier way?

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Goter' Done!!

Well I figured it out and it's done:thumbup1gif:. As always easy when you know how!!:laugh::laugh:

Now I just need some good gasoline.:greentractorride::greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Check your fuel filter to see if the element is loose inside and let dirt to the carb. I've seen it before....
What he sez ^ and if you didn't already, change the fuel filter. Also make sure that fuel can is totally empty of the ol' nasty "stuff". AND don't ever get fuel from that place again until you see the excavators changing out the in-ground tanks! It happened right down the street from me also!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the two bolts, one left and right of the seat, and then remove one on the left and right side in the foot rest area (these are removed from the underside). This allows you to lift the deck just enough to remove the fuel tank. (Having a second set of hands to hold the deck up would have been great but I was on my own. So I used a wood block set on each of the rear tires to lift the deck.:lol:)

Getting the tank out is tight but it can be done. By the way, you'll have to disconnect the fuel and vent lines and the electrical connectors.

Then tank was free so I dumped it, removed the fuel filter and blew the line out back from the filter. Replace the filter, slide tank back in place and reconnect everything.:greentractorride:

Worked like a charm and hope I never have to do it again.:bye2:

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's it, thanks!!:thumbup1gif: I didn't want to remove the whole deck if I didn't have too to save a little time in the cold garage. Other than that my X320 went about the same.:good2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mower Deck Height Adjustment Knob Removal for Fenderdeck Removal & Fuel Tank Access

Chuck,
I had a (young) daughter find our mower in the garage and fill my gas tank with grass clippings over the winter. I'm trying to do the tank removal / re-installation. I'm struggling to get access to the tank without removing the mower deck height adjustment knob.

The page you posted looks perfect for what I'm trying to do, except for the first part where it says "see 'Fenderdeck Removal and Installation' on Page 436." Thanks for any help, especially because I know I'm resurrecting an old thread!

Sounds about right -- here is what the TM2308 manual has to say about the tank removal/re-installation:

View attachment 35740

Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts