Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and i'm looking for some help with my John deere 2210. I'm working on the front steering Hydraulic Cylinder (new part# LVA801956 - a new one is $637.??) coming to find out they have change the design a little I believe the - old part# is LVA800599. I need to replace the seals in it and the dealership can not tell me if the seal kit (part#LVA802739) will have all the right items in it to fix the steering Hydraulic Cylinder that I have. does anyone have any suggestion; regarding seal kit or an alternative hydraulic cylinder.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome aboard PRB. I would search you're area for a hydraulic shop. I'm guessing it would be much cheaper to have them rebuild the unit for you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome aboard PRB. I would search you're area for a hydraulic shop. I'm guessing it would be much cheaper to have them rebuild the unit for you?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I second this. Deere is in the business of selling new parts not repairing hydro cylinders.

Find a shop nearby that does and take it to them. You will be time, aggravation and $ ahead and will have the knowledge the repair was done by experts in the field.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I'm new to this forum and i'm looking for some help with my John deere 2210. I'm working on the front steering Hydraulic Cylinder (new part# LVA801956 - a new one is $637.??) coming to find out they have change the design a little I believe the - old part# is LVA800599. I need to replace the seals in it and the dealership can not tell me if the seal kit (part#LVA802739) will have all the right items in it to fix the steering Hydraulic Cylinder that I have. does anyone have any suggestion; regarding seal kit or an alternative hydraulic cylinder.
What cylinder do you have?

If you have cylinder LVA800599 it is not repairable.

If you have cylinder LVA801956 you can get the repair kit LVA802739

This is all according to JDParts. The bad news is, it is not listing a serial number break for the machine. You need to determine the cylinder you have. Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey folks! new to the forum.
I have a 05 2210 with the serviceable steering cylinder that looks to take a spanner wrench. I have gotten the part number from a local JD dealer, I am just trying to find out the details on how to make the repair. Do I need a certain spanner wrench or how else this is accomplished.
thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts