Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Bump. Anyone have these instructions? ...I would like to add this but would prefer not to have to tear apart the entire head liner if that is what is required...hoping it's like the horn kit where everything is just there. I'm looking to install the light on a 3039R

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
No...
But I can tell you that there is orange wire behind the front/left warning light on the cab, this is what feeds the strobe. The other end is in the the right console, there is a switch harness in there for it.

I know because I added corner strobes to all my warning lights and used the to feed/operate them.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Thank you!

John Deere's website says that the top of the light is 8" above the cab roof...I am concerned about being able to fit under a 96" door with my 3039R with this light kit and don't want to pay $250 to find out.

Does anyone know if that is 8" above the roof at the 'front' where the light is mounted or would that be 8" higher than the highest portion of the roof?

·
Premium Member
12,105 Posts
Thank you!

John Deere's website says that the top of the light is 8" above the cab roof...I am concerned about being able to fit under a 96" door with my 3039R with this light kit and don't want to pay $250 to find out.

Does anyone know if that is 8" above the roof at the 'front' where the light is mounted or would that be 8" higher than the highest portion of the roof?
With the current state of lighting technology it seems crazy to spend that kind of money for a vintage "revolving" beacon when you could get a high quality low profile Class-1 LED beacon for about half that price. Most low-profile beacons are 3-5 inches tall. You would obviously have to fabricate your own bracket if you didn't want to spend the $75 JD wants for the factory bracket. Which, might not be a bad thing as you could probably shave off some height on the bracket alone.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
With the current state of lighting technology it seems crazy to spend that kind of money for a vintage "revolving" beacon when you could get a high quality low profile Class-1 LED beacon for about half that price. Most low-profile beacons are 3-5 inches tall. You would obviously have to fabricate your own bracket if you didn't want to spend the $75 JD wants for the factory bracket. Which, might not be a bad thing as you could probably shave off some height on the bracket alone.
This is why I added corner strobes to my existing amber lights. A ton more work yes, and maybe not cheaper (I don't know the price of JD's kit) but they are highly visible from all sides and didn't change the height at all. They can be synched and have 18 (I think) flash patterns.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Wow, those are killer! ...now I want both those and the old fashioned rotary, not sure why but as much as I appreciate all other strobes, LED's etc I still like a good old rotary as well. For anyone interested in the height, here are some pic of the light on a 3046R the dealer just got in

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts