Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying this again. Jim Timber was making this light for me but due to some health issues he has not been able to work on it. I’m kinda hoping he’ll chime in here because I was really looking forward to having him do it. Any-hooo... still need a light. Any of you welding types up for this?

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have nowhere near the skill set to tackle something this complex. I shudder to think what the result would be if I attempted to weld together a perfect spherical shape.

Have you considered looking for a similar already manufactured metal globe chandelier, and having someone customize it to your specifications?

I was surprised by the huge number of "metal globe chandeliers" when I did a google search. I was also surprised by the reasonable prices for many of them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have nowhere near the skill set to tackle something this complex. I shudder to think what the result would be if I attempted to weld together a perfect spherical shape.

Have you considered looking for a similar already manufactured metal globe chandelier, and having someone customize it to your specifications?

I was surprised by the huge number of "metal globe chandeliers" when I did a google search. I was also surprised by the reasonable prices for many of them.
That’s a great idea that I didn’t consider. We really are on the hunt for a one of a kind. Art, really. It must be age but I really like to put a personal stamp on things. If only I could weld!

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
If only I could weld!
Buy a MIG.
If you can sign your name, you can weld with a MIG. It's that simple.

For light projects like Art, you don't need an expensive machine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buy a MIG.
If you can sign your name, you can weld with a MIG. It's that simple.

For light projects like Art, you don't need an expensive machine.
Hmmm. You might be on to something there fw.

·
Premium Member
12,592 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's one fine horse...Morgan?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
:lol: Beautiful, yes, but not mine. I’m looking out at my herd now thinking they look like faded saddle leather...the whole bunch!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trying this again. Jim Timber was making this light for me but due to some health issues he has not been able to work on it. I’m kinda hoping he’ll chime in here because I was really looking forward to having him do it. Any-hooo... still need a light. Any of you welding types up for this?
Was wondering if you got anybody to build this for you yet? Where are you located?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts