Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a couple pair of Oakley Sunglasses for going on 10 years now. They're nearly indestructible! Was originally concerned about the lightweight polymer lenses but neither pair has sustained a scratched lens.

I came across this link today and they're blowing out many different models at 92% off! May not be for everyone but they have loads of styles in many models. Maybe you can save yourself some $$

Oakley Sunglasses Online Store

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Great! Now there is something else to spend my money on! I LIVE in sunglasses!! Nice to find quality at such a huge discount!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I kinda just bought 8 pair... Only $15 for shipping total which is nice. I used a real credit card and not my bank card just in case it's a scam. I should never need sunglasses again!!

Oh if it is a scam, I'm holding you responsible.... Lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
I wonder if these are genuine Oakley. I know places used to sell knock offs that looked identicle, but would break easily. All parts even interchanged. May have to get a pair or two just to see.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hiya,

It's a Chinese site, most likely a contractor that had it's contract terminated by Oakley for poor quality or a company making knockoffs, Here's the domain registration info. What's interesting is that the are no Mail Exchange (MX) DNS records, that indicated that the company is not reachable on that domain via email. This is a little strange but being Chinese, the government may not allow non regulated email services and forces use of government controlled mail servers.

DNS records for oak-globalsale.com
IPv4 addresses (A)
Host IP v4 address Class TTL
oak-globalsale.com. 49.246.250.147 IN 600
IPv6 addresses (AAAA)
oak-globalsale.com has no IPv6 address assigned.
oak-globalsale.com has been registered on 12/25/2014.

The main IP address of oak-globalsale.com is 49.246.250.147

NS records
Domain Nameserver Class TTL
oak-globalsale.com. f1g1ns2.dnspod.net. IN 600
oak-globalsale.com. f1g1ns1.dnspod.net. IN 600
MX records
Unable to determine MX records for oak-globalsale.com.

Start of Authority record (SOA)
rname freednsadmin.dnspod.com.
retry 180
mname f1g1ns1.dnspod.net.
refresh 3600
minimum 180
expire 1209600
serial 1419492660

Country China , CN , AS
City
ZIP code
Coordinates 35.0, 105.0
ISP
Organization HongKong Dragon-NET InternaTional Co., Ltd.

More info on the subnet:

% Information related to '49.246.224.0 - 49.246.255.255'

inetnum: 49.246.224.0 - 49.246.255.255
netname: HKDNET
descr: HongKong Dragon-NET InternaTional Co., Ltd.
descr: ROOM 1609 NAN FUNG TOWER., 173 DES VOEUX ROAD C., HONG KONG
admin-c: JX29-AP
tech-c: JX29-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CNNIC-AP
mnt-lower: MAINT-CNNIC-AP
mnt-routes: MAINT-CNNIC-AP
mnt-irt: IRT-CNNIC-CN
changed: [email protected] 20101123
source: APNIC

irt: IRT-CNNIC-CN
address: Beijing, China
e-mail: [email protected]
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
admin-c: IP50-AP
tech-c: IP50-AP
auth: # Filtered
remarks: Please note that CNNIC is not an ISP and is not
remarks: empowered to investigate complaints of network abuse.
remarks: Please contact the tech-c or admin-c of the network.
changed: [email protected] 20110428

person: Jinlong Xia
nic-hdl: JX29-AP
e-mail: [email protected]
address: ROOM 1609 NAN FUNG TOWER., 173 DES VOEUX ROAD C., HONG KONG
phone: +86-0852-21527311
fax-no: +86-0852-30121311
changed: [email protected] 20091201

% This query was served by the APNIC Whois Service version 1.69.1-APNICv1r0 (UNDEFINED)

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I think the key here is that the site is only about a month old. Here is what happens when I try to access the site. Definitely not a "safe" site.

Capture.JPG

Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh boy. I'm sorry if my naivete caused any problems. I didn't even suspect this could be anything other than genuine goods!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh boy. I'm sorry if my naivete caused any problems. I didn't even suspect this could be anything other than genuine goods!
No worries on my end. While I did rush a bit more than I normally would, I was at work and and placed my order between jobs. I have missed a few great deals posted on another site I frequent, and probably jumped the gun on this. If they either don't show up or are knock offs I'll dispute the charge and hope for the best. If not it's only money, I'll make more I guess...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
No worries on my end. While I did rush a bit more than I normally would, I was at work and and placed my order between jobs. I have missed a few great deals posted on another site I frequent, and probably jumped the gun on this. If they either don't show up or are knock offs I'll dispute the charge and hope for the best. If not it's only money, I'll make more I guess...
Hey, I can hook you up with the guy on my TV that sells "buy 1 suit get 3 free". Tells me right there that first suit is worth less than 1/4 of what he was selling it for before the "sale". AND, he's also got another deal going where you get buy a shirt and you get a "basket of shirts absolutely free!" :laugh:

I thought I scored big on sunglasses when I got a pair of "Fitovers" brand (fits over glasses) for $30! While we are "on glasses" I'll just rant a minute here... I got talked into those "automatic changing" sunglasses last time at Lenscrafters:

A. They don't work in a car (UV changes 'em and it's filtered out by the car window).

B. This the biggest pain, they change to near BLACK in the cold... even in the shop at night they are about 50% darkened (and I have "night blindness" on top of that!). Of course I bought these in the Spring and didn't know about those negatives until Fall arrived... Live n' learn AGAIN! Thank you all for your kind attention to another whine.:laugh:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey, I can hook you up with the guy on my TV that sells "buy 1 suit get 3 free". Tells me right there that first suit is worth less than 1/4 of what he was selling it for before the "sale". AND, he's also got another deal going where you get buy a shirt and you get a "basket of shirts absolutely free!" :laugh:

I thought I scored big on sunglasses when I got a pair of "Fitovers" brand (fits over glasses) for $30! While we are "on glasses" I'll just rant a minute here... I got talked into those "automatic changing" sunglasses last time at Lenscrafters:

A. They don't work in a car (UV changes 'em and it's filtered out by the car window).

B. This the biggest pain, they change to near BLACK in the cold... even in the shop at night they are about 50% darkened (and I have "night blindness" on top of that!). Of course I bought these in the Spring and didn't know about those negatives until Fall arrived... Live n' learn AGAIN! Thank you all for your kind attention to another whine.:laugh:
My dad hated those as well. Theirs a pair on the bottom of lake Cumberland if someone wants to try them out. :drinks:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Been there.........done that folks! I bought a pair 2 years ago and they broke the first week. SCAM!!!

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Maybe call the credit card company and cancel that card number.....no problem to issue you a new one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a call from my credit card co about a week ago and we decided to cancel the order and change my card number... Scam for sure. I give it to capital one, they are on top of things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts