Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be new to the zero turn community, switching over from a tractor.

I don't have a huge lawn, only about an acre, and can't decide which model to go with. I am limited to a 48" deck due to an area of smaller clearance so have been looking at the 355R and the 535M.

The deck and seat are the same but the engine is bigger and the frame seems much beefier on the 535.

I don't mind spending the extra $$ on the 500 series if it is justified but concerned it may be overkill.

·
Registered
121 Posts
5 series is a great start

This is my first Z too, and I decided on the 525.

I love this machine. It has a decent ride (Im 55 YO 6 foot and 250 lb) and has real nice control layout. Iv'e mowed my yard 3/4 acres 3 times on one tank. Its got 2.7 hours on it now and just seems a good machine. :bigthumb:

You'll see a lot of love for the 7 series and the 9 series here. But as a first Z and for residential lawns, I cant see a better purchase.:gizmo:

Hope either works out for you.:greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a Z445 for a few years. This year I got a Z540R with the 48" deck. The larger tires and seat make a big difference over the other machine. Better traction and ride quality.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the same setup as in the picture. 1025 with a 60"deck and 540r with a 48" deck. Even with the smaller deck the 540 mows amazingly fast. Ride is decent and it's fun to drive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too have the z540r and have a 54in deck. I still wonder if I should've gone with a 60in deck but man this thing cuts well and can go really fast while doing it! I liked the 540r bigger tires and other additional features.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the 535M. Have to say it's an awesome machine and huge improvement from my D series tractor. Going to take a bit to master the controls, but already cut the mowing time in half. Fun to drive, just too bad it's been so wet that I haven't been able to mow at full speed ;)

IMG_3298.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts