Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I am looking for a basic, least expensive way to shelter my "new" JD 1050 with loader and backhoe for the upcoming Connecticut winter. I was thinking of a crude 4x4 post with roof and open sides, or a cover-it. Any suggestions? Below are pics of the "new" toy.

Thanks,
Eric

JD1050-1.jpg JD1050-2.jpg JD1050-3.jpg JD1050-4.jpg JD1050-5.jpg JD1050-6.jpg

·
Registered
914 Posts
Eric... :wgtt:

First off, nice tractor you have there. 2nd, and this is assuming these pics were taken at your place...I am not sure why you need a shelter when I see a perfectly good garage (the pic where a car is parked in front of). Better yet, if that car was your wife's :good2: as I am sure she would be more than happy to "trade" spots. :nunu:

Again, congratulations on your new toy.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
:wgtt:

Congrats on the purchase! The best, cheapest, way for storage would be one of the zip-up car cover things. At least it will be out of the elements, but they don't do much for insulation - get very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shelter

Thanks for the kudos guys! I just love this machine and really want to keep it out of the elements. I have a garage, but it has a loft and is too small for the tractor. Does anyone know where I could get a decent "cover-it"?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Thanks for the kudos guys! I just love this machine and really want to keep it out of the elements. I have a garage, but it has a loft and is too small for the tractor. Does anyone know where I could get a decent "cover-it"?
What's the exact height of your 1050?

Something like this will work:
Amazon.com: ShelterLogic Garage-In-A-Box, Gray, 12 x 16 x 8-Feet: Sports & Outdoors

If you can find what you want on Amazon, I believe Brian can add it to the Green Tractor Talk Tool Store, and they receive some of the profits :thumbup1gif: You can get them almost anywhere though, just Let me google that for you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to measure it over the weekend to get the height - especially since it has a covered ROPS.

·
Administrator
17,321 Posts
The link probably had a ' or another punctuation mark that the vBulletin forum software hates and cuts off everything after it. Try again, but be sure to backspace over any punctuation marks and retype them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok lats try this again. TSC has a few different styles to choose from or get ideas from. The big thing to check into is that the shelter is rated for a snow load. I have seen some of the cheaper units here in Michigan fold up from snow and the had a tag that stated not intended for use with a snow load.
Nice looking tractor you have and good luck finding a cover for it.:drinks:

Tractor Supply ShelterLogic

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Jeff, it wasn't your fault. I found the same page you were referring to. I tried to fix the link, but hit the same bug you did. I think it has something to do with TSC strange looking address.

Anybody that wants to see what he was trying to show you, go to Tractor Supply Company's website and do a search the sku number in the search block. It's 1110468

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Eric,

Congrats on the machine, and welcome.

Where in CT are you (generally, you don't have to public list your town)? And, what sort of budget do you have in mind for a shelter? Is you budget variable based on whether the shelter is sort of "temporary" versus more permanent?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in a rural town named Bethany (between New Haven and Waterbury). I don't have much of a budget right now due to some major home repairs that need to be done and the fact that I just bought the JD 1050 in August. I would like to have a permanent building, but for now a "cover-it" will have to suffice. I'd like to go with a hangar-shaped "cover-it" since they're less susceptible to collapse from snow than a peaked roof.

Links to recommended shelters is encouraged!

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
1 Posts
1050 backhoe 8a?

The backhoe that you have on your 1050 is an 8, does anyone know if the 8A will fit the 1050? Also, would it be possible to see how the 8 or 8A will mount on the 1050 along with the hydraulics? Any help would be great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts