Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1025 R John Deere Utility Tractor. Would like to know the size of socket I need to remove the mower blades? Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
18mm on my 2 year old 54D deck....

and...............

jdtorque.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yeah, it seems like 15mm and 18mm are the ones some like to leave out of sets. Been there, done that.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
18mm on my 54" deck on my z445. I took a sharpie and wrote it on the deck because I can't remember sh**. (CRS) kicking in. :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Guess I'm gonna go down stairs and take my deck off to find out, seems now one is sure.
That's ok though, works like that, you see what size you need to take a part off and there is a 50% chance the other side in which is the same on both ends, has a different size in it. Explain that one to me.
Just to many mechanics in the same room working on the same thing.:bigthumb: Well, at work anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a Sharpie (magic marker?) that writes in silver ink.

Every time I take off a frequently-removed part of my tractor with a socket wrench I write the SIZE and TORQUE SPEC used near the actual nut and bolt, or on the inside cover of my socket set (eg under the leading edge of the mower deck, and under the hood near the side panel bolts, where I added "DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN!"). For the wheel nuts, I wrote the size, torque, and tire pressures inside the lid of the little black toolbox.

I know it's all in the manual, but this speeds things up for me...

==Grizzler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
18mm on my 54" deck on my z445. I took a sharpie and wrote it on the deck because I can't remember sh**. (CRS) kicking in. :lol:
Why didn't I think of that? lol

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I JUST talked to my brother yesterday,,,
EVERY 5 years,, he changes the blades on his Craftsman rider,,
he could not find a suitable socket,, and told me a pipe wrench worked perfectly.

He is 81 years old,, he is probably not worrying about the machine lasting 30 years,,, :laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,747 Posts
Don't know how. I've got it written down on my owners manual as 15/16" or 24mm. Taken my blades off many times and have changed them and this is what I use.
Since I owned a 60" and now a 54" .. I do know both decks are different sizes. As the one post of showing the torquing of either bolt.

I thinking you are correct with the 24mm 60" deck.

and 18 mm for the 54" deck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts