Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I am looking at trading my 1025R with FEL/Backhoe in on a 2025R with FEL/Backhoe and Tektite cab either this month (Nov.) or next month (Dec.), but ouch the price tag.

Anyway, I have a few questions I could use some help with.

1. Is the Tektite cab really worth it! I've got an estimate of $8,800 (approx. $1,200 shipping and $560 to install).
A. Does this seem reasonable?

2. How much markup is there for the dealer to come down on the 2025R?

Tractor $14,110.54
R3 tires $400.00
Loader w/53" bucket $3,505.00
260B Backhoe w/power beyond $6,400.00
Auto-Throttle Kit $236.50
Alternator 55 amp BV11188 $392.51
Seat Cover $34.95
Engine Block Heater $122.63
Adapter kit $200.00

Cab 7,100.00
Freight $1,200.00
Installation $560.00

$34,262.13
Sales tax 6%
$36,317.86

Seems like a lot for a little tractor but I don't want/need anything bigger.

3. Do you think there will be any better deals in Dec. for a 2019 model?

4. What modifications do you suggest? Kens bolt on hooks, yep. Edge tamers, yep. Heavy hitch receiver, yep. Read somewhere, where a wireless backup camera instead of mirrors...any suggestions?

ANYTHING else you think would be a good idea, this is only my second and probably last tractor so...I kind of want to get it right.

THANKS in advance all!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think, for $7100, I'd just get a pair of insulated Carhart coveralls and some warm gloves and toboggan. :laugh:

How much are they offering for your trade-in?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I hear the Tektite cab is really nice but there are less expensive ones out there. Don't know if Mauser makes one for the 2025, but I believe Curtis does.

You can save about $300 by using an aftermarket alternator and doing it yourself. I've seen where the 55A alternator can be had for under $100.

The block heater can be done by yourself for under $200, if you want to save some money there.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I hear the Tektite cab is really nice but there are less expensive ones out there. Don't know if Mauser makes one for the 2025, but I believe Curtis does.

You can save about $300 by using an aftermarket alternator and doing it yourself. I've seen where the 55A alternator can be had for under $100.

The block heater can be done by yourself for under $200, if you want to save some money there.
Mauser Make a Cab for the 2025R But it Is not Backhoe Compatible

Only Problem with the Curtis Cabs Is there a Bit small That's why I went with the Tektite Cab for My 2025R

To the OP

I paid $8,100 for the Tektite That was with Standard wiper, Standard Front Cab Lights, Heater, Heater quick disconnect, Radio, Green Paint, Defroster Fan. Side Mirrors( standard was also the Interior Light) Since I had the OEM LED Light Kit already. They Mounted the fender section of the Light Kit On the rear Of the Cab In Place of Tektite's Lights and I already had a Magnet Mounted Caution Light That was with a $500 dollar dealer discount My freight was $500.00 & Installation was also about $500.00

lcj-media-66 I would say skip On the Auto-Throttle Kit Because it's Not Like the Bigger 2R series Tractors You can't turn it off. It always on. You Have to disconnect Cables In order to Use the Throttle Normally. So if You ever Plan to use PTO equipment You Not going to be able to leave it set for The RPM you should be at to use 540RPM Rear PTO. That why I skipped On Having a auto-Throttle Kit on My 2025R

lcj-media-66 My dealer also Gave Me a $2000 dollar discount On the 2025R I traded a 2017 1025TLB with a 60inch deck with a Bunch of bells & whistles for a 2018 2025R TLB with a 54inch deck with a Bunch of bells & whistles after trade in I Only Had to Pay $10,000 for 2025R I Bought the Cab 5 Months Later( as Backhoe Compatible Cab wasn't ready yet) I actually have the First Tektite Backhoe Compatible Cab made so a Total Of $18,100 is what it cost Paid for it all so no financing

Get Ken's Hooks & Clevis Mount for the Bucket But I suggest not getting the step Really can't use either one with the Tektite Cab I suggest Getting Ken's Tie down Points if he still has them I actually have two sets. Thought I Lost the first set But found use for them On MY X748

R2 Get at set edge Tamer's set of trash Tamers & set of edge extenders

Heavy Hitch get the Heavy Hitch with Dual Weight Bracket & weight cart & Clamp On Tooth Bar

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think, for $7100, I'd just get a pair of insulated Carhart coveralls and some warm gloves and toboggan. :laugh:

it would be cheaper to pay somebody to move the snow for me...but not nearly as much fun...:thumbup1gif:

Not sure how much yet, it's a 2015 and I have 1,100 hours on it....so . . . ???

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
As has been said, skip the auto throttle.
If you must have the 55 amp alternator, do it yourself.

Id skip the cab personally. Most older folks I know with tractors have cleared snow without them right up until they couldnt use the tractors anymore. I plan to do the same.
Thats not to say a cab isnt nice, because they sure are, but just too much expense for me to justify. Thats a LOT of extra money for attachments.
Any yeah, its gets cold in Indiana. -50 wind chills last year when Little John and I went out to get a tree off the road out in front of my property. No big deal when dressed appropriately.
I sure wouldnt give one up if I had one though!

On first glance, that price looked a bit high. Maybe not too bad.
Mine was $25000, tractor, loader, backhoe, extra bucket for the backhoe, Imatch, and all extras for the backhoe. Thats 7% tax included.
That price beat everyone around, and a few not so close, but known for great deals.

Best thing I could tell you to do is check around with other dealers, and find one known for excellent pricing, and get a quote from them to compare. They dont have to be close, but do need to be the same options.
And get the final price figured out BEFORE they figure your trade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Only Problem with the Curtis Cabs Is there a Bit small That's why I went with the Tektite Cab for My 2025R

To the OP

I paid $8,100 for the Tektite That was with Standard wiper, Standard Front Cab Lights, Heater, Heater quick disconnect, Radio, Green Paint, Defroster Fan. Side Mirrors( standard was also the Interior Light) Since I had the OEM LED Light Kit already. They Mounted the fender section of the Light Kit On the rear Of the Cab In Place of Tektite's Lights and I already had a Magnet Mounted Caution Light That was with a $500 dollar dealer discount My freight was $500.00 & Installation was also about $500.00

lcj-media-66 I would say skip On the Auto-Throttle Kit Because it's Not Like the Bigger 2R series Tractors You can't turn it off. It always on. You Have to disconnect Cables In order to Use the Throttle Normally. So if You ever Plan to use PTO equipment You Not going to be able to leave it set for The RPM you should be at to use 540RPM Rear PTO. That why I skipped On Having a auto-Throttle Kit on My 2025R

lcj-media-66 My dealer also Gave Me a $2000 dollar discount On the 2025R I traded a 2017 1025TLB with a 60inch deck with a Bunch of bells & whistles for a 2018 2025R TLB with a 54inch deck with a Bunch of bells & whistles after trade in I Only Had to Pay $10,000 for 2025R I Bought the Cab 5 Months Later( as Backhoe Compatible Cab wasn't ready yet) I actually have the First Tektite Backhoe Compatible Cab made so a Total Of $18,100 is what it cost Paid for it all so no financing

Get Ken's Hooks & Clevis Mount for the Bucket But I suggest not getting the step Really can't use either one with the Tektite Cab I suggest Getting Ken's Tie down Points if he still has them I actually have two sets. Thought I Lost the first set But found use for them On MY X748

Heavy Hitch get the Heavy Hitch with Dual Weight Bracket & weight cart & Clamp On Tooth Bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't seen either cab but the Curtis definitely looks smaller. And, the Tektite is all welded, not screwed together.

Well my price for the cab isn't too far off yours, considering the freight and the installation is an estimate...but I didn't include the radio. I'll just use my phone and some noise canceling headphones.

I have a post hole digger and rarely use it but I didn't know that you couldn't turn off the Auto-Throttle. The brochure is misleading, and I just thought it was the same as the 2032/38, meaning, you could turn it on and off.

Well, my 2015 1025R TLB has 1,100 hours on it so, I'm not sure how much to expect to get out of it. That's where my real problem is, I'm just not sure what it's worth.

Already ordered Hooks and Clevis mounts for the bucket. Didn't think about tie down points...don't recall seeing them either.

Already have the Tamers and edge extenders.

Already ordered the heavy Hitch . Was thinking about the Piranha Straight and Tooth Bars

Any thoughts on the 55amp Alternator?

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
As has been said, skip the auto throttle.
If you must have the 55 amp alternator, do it yourself.

Id skip the cab personally. Most older folks I know with tractors have cleared snow without them right up until they couldnt use the tractors anymore. I plan to do the same.
Thats not to say a cab isnt nice, because they sure are, but just too much expense for me to justify. Thats a LOT of extra money for attachments.
Any yeah, its gets cold in Indiana. -50 wind chills last year when Little John and I went out to get a tree off the road out in front of my property. No big deal when dressed appropriately.
I sure wouldnt give one up if I had one though!

On first glance, that price looked a bit high. Maybe not too bad.
Mine was $25000, tractor, loader, backhoe, extra bucket for the backhoe, Imatch, and all extras for the backhoe. Thats 7% tax included.
That price beat everyone around, and a few not so close, but known for great deals.

Best thing I could tell you to do is check around with other dealers, and find one known for excellent pricing, and get a quote from them to compare. They dont have to be close, but do need to be the same options.
And get the final price figured out BEFORE they figure your trade.
Well Had OTC had a Cab for the Forward Leaning ROPS on the 2025R out at the time. I may have actually gone with that Instead of the Tektite Cab. I have Used a OTC Cab for almost 16 years On a X485 then used the same Cab On My Current X748. Had a Mouse Not chewed through the Doors a few Year ago I wouldn't Need to replace Most of the Fabric sections of the enclosure But that's what I am doing this year as I Blow snow with the X748 and Plow snow with the 2025R. But after getting the Cab installed earlier this year and actually being able to use it through April I am Glad I Bought the Tektite It's expensive But worth every Penny Having heat Blow on Me instead of snow:laugh: I Probably should Blow with the 2025R and Push snow with the X748:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts

To the OP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't seen either cab but the Curtis definitely looks smaller. And, the Tektite is all welded, not screwed together.

Well my price for the cab isn't too far off yours, considering the freight and the installation is an estimate...but I didn't include the radio. I'll just use my phone and some noise canceling headphones.

I have a post hole digger and rarely use it but I didn't know that you couldn't turn off the Auto-Throttle. The brochure is misleading, and I just thought it was the same as the 2032/38, meaning, you could turn it on and off.

Well, my 2015 1025R TLB has 1,100 hours on it so, I'm not sure how much to expect to get out of it. That's where my real problem is, I'm just not sure what it's worth.

Already ordered Hooks and Clevis mounts for the bucket. Didn't think about tie down points...don't recall seeing them either.

Already have the Tamers and edge extenders.

Already ordered the heavy Hitch . Was thinking about the Piranha Straight and Tooth Bars

Yeah I had the 55AMP Alternator installed I figure since there setting it up Might as well have them do it I would also Invest In RIM Guard for your rear Tires and 60Lb wheel weights.

I kept My 53inch Bucket from My 1025R to use on the 2025R. It funny I got the engine coolant heater But I have yet to use it. I just go out to the barn & turn the heat on an Hour Before I am going to use the 2025R.

Take a Look at Tim's video On the Heavy Hitch tooth Bar Tractor Steroids! Heavy Hitch Toothbar Eats Dirt - YouTube I Bought It Long before Tim Bought His. But I just Can't say enough about Greg's Products He really stands By his Heavy Hitch designs Not that BX doesn't either Both are Great companies to deal with But I think Greg's Tooth Bar is better than BX's tooth Bar :bigthumb:

·
Registered
716 Posts

Yeah. I understand the attraction of a cab, but not really. I find the price and inconvenience more daunting than an open station tractor/snowblower. We’ll spend all day out on a snowmobile riding in cold and storms, day and night, so it seems pretty logical to just suit up in snowmobile gear, put on the helmet and spend the hour or so on the tractor that it takes to blow off my driveway.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Why do you believe you need it?
Not saying you dont, just wondering if you thought it out.
With the cab, I assume you have more things to power, heater blower, a few extra lights, wiper, etc. In that case, Id likely do it myself and save as much as I could, but Im more than a little handy and like doing things myself.

EDIT:
I did a search, and it turns out a few here have used an alternator from DB Direct that was under $100.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Yeah. I understand the attraction of a cab, but not really. I find the price and inconvenience more daunting than an open station tractor/snowblower. We’ll spend all day out on a snowmobile riding in cold and storms, day and night, so it seems pretty logical to just suit up in snowmobile gear, put on the helmet and spend the hour or so on the tractor that it takes to blow off my driveway.
I have spent More of My life living outside more than Most People Have (Light Infantry) 10 Mountain Division, 10th & 1st Special forces & Civilian Military Advisor I would Rather finally be warm Froze My rear end off In More Countries than I would like to count. Yes I have a set of Carhartt Arctic coveralls. But I would rather be comfortable and Not Have to ware gloves to drive. And Further more I hate Helmets of any kind :laugh::bigthumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why do you believe you need it?
Not saying you dont, just wondering if you thought it out.
With the cab, I assume you have more things to power, heater blower, a few extra lights, wiper, etc. In that case, Id likely do it myself and save as much as I could, but Im more than a little handy and like doing things myself.

EDIT:
I did a search, and it turns out a few here have used an alternator from DB Direct that was under $100.

I thought it would be better because of the heater, extra lights (inside and out), strobe beacon light, fan for windshield (fans typically use a lot of power), wiper, wiper spray motor. Possible radio/speaker(s), cell charger, possible wireless backup camera..... HEHE.... Coffee pot, microwave, TV... you know, the necessities... No, seriously I just thought they would all add up and didn't want to run into problems later when I could have it put in now. I could do it but I know my luck, there's always a potential ***** about warranty problem if something goes wrong. I hear what you are saying though...hmm...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I looked at the Curtis cab (online) an it just looks smaller...not that I'm a big guy...

I watched a YouTube video on the block heater and am thinking about it. Another person has mentioned putting in the alternator myself...after you suggested it. I know I could do it but I'm that guy that would run into a warranty issue and get screwed...so, although I know I could do it...I'm not sure I want to. On the other hand- a few hundred here and a few hundred there $$$$.

THANKS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I had the 55AMP Alternator installed I figure since there setting it up Might as well have them do it I would also Invest In RIM Guard for your rear Tires and 60Lb wheel weights.

I kept My 53inch Bucket from My 1025R to use on the 2025R. It funny I got the engine coolant heater But I have yet to use it. I just go out to the barn & turn the heat on an Hour Before I am going to use the 2025R.

Take a Look at Tim's video On the Heavy Hitch tooth Bar Tractor Steroids! Heavy Hitch Toothbar Eats Dirt - YouTube I Bought It Long before Tim Bought His. But I just Can't say enough about Greg's Products He really stands By his Heavy Hitch designs Not that BX doesn't either Both are Great companies to deal with But I think Greg's Tooth Bar is better than BX's tooth Bar :bigthumb:
I watched the video and see what you mean. Looks awesome. Will still want/need a strait one for moving snow this winter. Doesn't seem like we get as much snow as we use to, to justify a snow blower.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I looked at the Curtis cab (online) an it just looks smaller...not that I'm a big guy...

I watched a YouTube video on the block heater and am thinking about it. Another person has mentioned putting in the alternator myself...after you suggested it. I know I could do it but I'm that guy that would run into a warranty issue and get screwed...so, although I know I could do it...I'm not sure I want to. On the other hand- a few hundred here and a few hundred there $$$$.

THANKS!
Doing the block heater is easy, and typically they don't go bad if you let it cool down a few minutes before you start the tractor.

As far as the alternator, warranty or not, you could go through (and pay for yourself) 3, maybe 4 of them before it cost you as much as 1 from the dealer. These alternators rarely fail. I doubt you'd go through 2, let alone 3 or 4.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I watched the video and see what you mean. Looks awesome. Will still want/need a strait one for moving snow this winter. Doesn't seem like we get as much snow as we use to, to justify a snow blower.
Yeah That Why I have been using a Artillian snow Blade adapter. Just added a 60inch CTA Blade to use on it. I have the Blower set up On MY X748 if I need it But Last year except for 1 snow It stayed In the Barn:bigthumb:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have spent More of My life living outside more than Most People Have (Light Infantry) 10 Mountain Division, 10th & 1st Special forces & Civilian Military Advisor I would Rather finally be warm Froze My rear end off In More Countries than I would like to count. Yes I have a set of Carhartt Arctic coveralls. But I would rather be comfortable and Not Have to ware gloves to drive. And Further more I hate Helmets of any kind :laugh::bigthumb:
I get it, and I understand. It's a preference thing, and you're not alone. If cabs weren't a popular choice for these tractors there wouldn't be 3 or 4 companies making them. You are smack in the middle of Mauser/Tektite/Curtis' target market. I like to be warm too. I spend a lot of money on warm, flexible, waterproof, breathable outerwear and a snorkeled, warm, quiet, no-fog helmet, but a **** of a lot less than what a cab would cost me. The cold just simply doesn't bother me enough to spend that kind of money for a cab.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I get it, and I understand. It's a preference thing, and you're not alone. If cabs weren't a popular choice for these tractors there wouldn't be 3 or 4 companies making them. You are smack in the middle of Mauser/Tektite/Curtis' target market. I like to be warm too. I spend a lot of money on warm, flexible, waterproof, breathable outerwear and a snorkeled, warm, quiet, no-fog helmet, but a **** of a lot less than what a cab would cost me. The cold just simply doesn't bother me enough to spend that kind of money for a cab.
I Have had a soft weather enclosure for almost 16 years Before that I had Nothing and all the weather enclosure did was Keep some of the snow out of My Face I could have afforded a 3R, 4R or 5R series with a Cab But there Just two Big for My 3.9 acres. In warm clothing cold doesn't Bother Me either. But my feeling is if I can afford it why Not . I spent more On My Pick Up than My Tractor and My Pick Up is relatively cheap compared to some of the US Brands of Pick Ups with the same Level of comfort I didn't Need AC cooled Seats for it But it's Nice to have. Money I sure Can't Take it with Me when I go. Might as well Be comfortable till that day happens:bigthumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I swear JD would wipe the floor with the competition if they would bring a small frame integrated cab tractor to market. SO many guys use these for snow (myself included) and would pay a premium to get a small tractor with a nice quiet cab.

The 2025r/ Mauser cab combo is nice, I just cant help but wonder what it would be like if they really put a good design together.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts