Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 385a BH. I went to put the BH on my 3046r only to find oil dripping from the back. Upon inspection I found this part broke on my Control Valve on the BH. Seen here;

I went to the dealer and they could not find the part or the part number. He kept telling me it was the solenoid valve and that it screwed in the housing of the control valve. I knew better as you can see the hex bolt holding it on. So I took it apart;

As you can see it is only the housing that is broken. Prior to taking it apart the Boom out/in is what this controls. It is not bent, just busted the housing as you can see here,

I seem not to be able to find this also. I am hoping that someone on here can get me a P/N with where I can get this item, I only need the case with a possible diagram of how it is assembled.

I have no idea how I broke this. I figure something hit it when I was clearing out a rock break earlier this spring.

Thanks in advanced folks.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I found it. P/N - JDT104787, would someone verify this for me?

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
$21.86

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
JD Parts returns "not found" on that P/N.
Take the "JD" off the front of it. Not sure where that came from.

That said, I don't think its the right part. That part number appears to be one of the smaller caps next to this part.

Reactions: chex313 and rtgt

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
Take the "JD" off the front of it. Not sure where that came from.

That said, I don't think its the right part. That part number appears to be one of the smaller caps next to this part.
It looks promising. The illustration still doesn't quite match the actual part.

The other boom caps seem to be different and are a different P/N.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JGAYMAN, That is definitely the correct valve assembly. We will find out, I just ordered it. Should be here Wednesday-ish, depending on how UPS is feeling that day. I will be putting a plate over that thing. It could have cost me a lot more than that. I will let you know if it is the correct part.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok folks, one more question. When I took the bottom section off, that one that was broke, off of the valve shaft I found three small steel balls, one Large ball, and a spring. Seen below;

These items belong in the hollow valve shaft pictured above the large steel ball. When I took the bottom off, all of these were located at the bottom of this cup. My question is what order do they go back into the hollow part of the shaft? i.e. Spring first, ball on top of the spring, then the three steel balls go into the holes located in the hollow shaft to hold the now compressed spring and ball in? I see no hole in the bottom of the valve shaft where maybe the large steel ball would seal. I seem to not be able to find this parts exploded view.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone of you hydraulic guy's have any idea. My cup should be here in a few days. Was suppose to be here Wednesday, but that didn't happen.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Anyone of you hydraulic guy's have any idea. My cup should be here in a few days. Was suppose to be here Wednesday, but that didn't happen.
I would probably take another one apart, and pay better attention 😁

·
Registered
723 Posts
I THINK that spring/ball assembly provides a "detent" or "float" position. Whatever function that spool valve controls should have a "float" position like the joystick on a front end loader can be forcefully moved into the DOWN position and it will lock in place. This "float" position routes BOTH sides of the hydraulics to tank return. When you go back together, you'll need to coat that spring and the balls liberally with a good grease.
I had to work on my FEL valve a while back because the detent would hold the joystick in the UP position which can be extremely dangerous. What I found was a lot of moisture and rust in the detent assembly. Cleaned it up and put it back together (a battle) using some good red grease and then sprayed it with Fluid Film before final assembly. I can attach some pics of mine which may take 2 or 3 posts.

·
Registered
723 Posts
All the relevant pictures I got. The disassembled parts in the pan are laid out in the order they came apart. The RH end of the top row of parts goes into/onto the LH end of the shaft below. The spring pushes on the bigger ball to exert outward pressure on the smaller balls which are in the holes on the side of the shaft. The smaller balls will compress into the shaft to allow the outer sleeve to slide over them until they lock into a detent groove on the inside of the sleeve. Somewhat difficult to ever get all these pieces under control in order to assemble the detent assembly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would probably take another one apart, and pay better attention 😁
I didn't take it apart, it was broke and this was the result. Not to mention I do not have $6000 to buy another control valve to disassemble.

Reactions: Zebrafive and rtgt

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All the relevant pictures I got. The disassembled parts in the pan are laid out in the order they came apart. The RH end of the top row of parts goes into/onto the LH end of the shaft below. The spring pushes on the bigger ball to exert outward pressure on the smaller balls which are in the holes on the side of the shaft. The smaller balls will compress into the shaft to allow the outer sleeve to slide over them until they lock into a detent groove on the inside of the sleeve. Somewhat difficult to ever get all these pieces under control in order to assemble the detent assembly.
Thanks MTRMN, the valve goes to my Backhoe. I will look at it again Monday morn.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I didn't take it apart, it was broke and this was the result. Not to mention I do not have $6000 to buy another control valve to disassemble.
I thought maybe there was another cap on the same valve assembly that you could look at.
I think you got it though, the big ball would be in the center and the 3 little ones to engage the 3 holes. Shouldn’t take more than a couple attempts to get it right, and make sure the detention function works.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
keep us updated, interested in how this comes out.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will do. Right now I am trying to find one. Local dealer ordered one last week and it is still not here. I am trying to contact someone or email someone at Green Tractor Parts store. They claim to have one in stock on their web page. Other sites seem to not have any in stock.

Reactions: ridesdirt
1 - 20 of 25 Posts