Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Well they told me I should have gotten it when I purchased my tractor but I didn't listen.:banghead: Now I keep thinking of things I could use the BH for and started to look for one.

I found one that has little use but I do not know the right questions to ask to make sure it will fit on my 1025R.

My 1025r is a 2017 and I had the power beyond kit installed when I purchased it.

So question number 1 is what do I need to know if it will fit or not?
Question two is how hard would it be to install it and would the dealer need to do this?

Also since I am very new anything else I should look for or ask about?:hide:

Also it came off a John Deere jd2305 if that helps.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
88 Posts
It will fit. What you need to ask is this.. is the seller letting go of the tractor mounts too? Last I checked the required tractor mounts are quite pricey. If not that can spur a seemingly good price. You're good in the hydraulics department if you have the factory PB.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will fit. What you need to ask is this.. is the seller letting go of the tractor mounts too? Last I checked the required tractor mounts are quite pricey. If not that can spur a seemingly good price. You're good in the hydraulics department if you have the factory PB.
Thank you for information on the mounts. It looks like they might be different and there is a $1500 cost. That is why this board is so helpful to us new guys. I might have jumped at the price if you guys didn't help.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
The 260 BH will fit.

Questions to ask:
1. Machines with BH's have swivel seats. Is the seat swivel included?
2. The BH mounts to a sub-frame that is attached under and back of the tractor. Is the entire sub-frame and attaching hardware included?
3. BH machines have the ROPS mounted tool box turned to the side rather than across the back. This requires a different bracket. Maybe you can swap the seller your tool box bracket for his so you get the correct bracket to mount the tool box.
4. BH machines have the ROPS mounted lights mounted higher. This is done with extension brackets. Is the seller including these extension brackets for the ROPS lights?

Since you have the power beyond, you have that covered.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
When I installed my backhoe I didn't mess with the lights, do you know the purpose?
I can't say for sure why JD raises the taillights on the BH machines, although, I believe they are raised so both lights can be seen from behind when the BH is mounted, so if you are traveling with the tractor and have the flashers or turn signals on, vehicles behind you can see both lights without obstruction from the BH. :dunno:
The other possible reason is, when getting off and on the BH, with the ROPS lights raised, it gets them out of the way so it is less likely that you will hit your shoulder on one. :dunno:

·
Registered
155 Posts
For someone who made the same mistake. How did this all workout for the OP? And what’s the thoughts on best places to find one? Dealer tells me it will be difficult to get one as mine is a early year 2017 and cannot for a 260b. You guys weren’t kidding about bracket price. Dealership claims to not know how quick or if they can get it but that it’s 1400$. I don’t have PB kit. Wished the budget Allowed for tlb. I own enough of the tractor I don’t want to trade in at this point. Figure it’s worth maybe 8-9k trade in and I prob owe 10.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts