Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m presently trying to mount a 54”snow blade and quick hitch that I had for my x738 onto my 1025R. I just purchased the hitch kit required to mount the quick hitch, but found I am lacking a pin(rod) that mates the hitch kit to the tractor. I think I have found that part from the parts catalog (only $60 for just the pin). So now I’m faced with hydraulic hoses that are too short for the 1025. So instead of wrapping up another $300+ for the correct length hoses, can a person get extensions for the existing hoses on the quick hitch and make them work. I would have to change the fittings at the couplers too, but that appears that I could just remove the angle fitting and maybe they would work.
Honestly guys I have never messed with hydraulic hoses, so I am not sure the best course to fix this issue. If anyone has done the conversion from an x700 series to the 1025 I would appreciate some suggestions.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,558 Posts
Yes, you can just use extensions. In fact the snowblower kit for my 2720 included extensions. Rather than using quick connects, go to a hydraulic shop and get some threaded couplers. You may even be about to get a complete set of longer hoses for MUCH less than what JD charges.

·
Super Moderator
5,370 Posts
You can just extend the hoses. You can buy pre-made hoses at places like Tractor Supply. Mine carries a pretty good assortment in 1' to 4' lengths. They won't have any connectors on them so you can pick up the appropriate connectors to install on both ends and you wouldn't have to mess with anything else.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Don't be afraid to 'mess with hydraulic hoses' I mean sure, then can be dangerous when they are pressurized and spring a leak. But what you are thinking of doing is as easy as the initial installation of the hoses. The 2 suggestions above will definitely get you sorted out.

I just installed the quick hitch to my 1025R 2 days ago...... and on my next smoke break, I will go measure the length of them and report back.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Ok, here are the measurements. Mind you, this is from the first fitting connected to the hose to the other first fitting...... it does not include the angled connectors or the quick disconnect ends.

The angling hoses are both approx 84 inches.
The up & down hoses are 56" & 62"

I tyrapped them all together and there seems to be a couple inches too long overall but, they wont come anywhere mear the front tire or pinch anywhere so, those measurements should get you where you need to go.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much guys. I feel much better about the whole situation. Changing this stuff over is never a cake walk. Once I get the missing pin and the hoses situated, I should be good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts