Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Ag-Fab Broadcast Spreader 130 lb pull behind . I set the rate 4/5 years ago and just run with it and it dose a good job .
Last year my friend used it in the summer for some thing (do not know) now my setting is changed . Anyone have an idea were to start ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
For some reason 7 sticks in my head.
I have Ag-Fab Broadcast Spreader 130 lb pull behind . I set the rate 4/5 years ago and just run with it and it dose a good job .
Last year my friend used it in the summer for some thing (do not know) now my setting is changed . Anyone have an idea were to start ?
Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Anyone have an idea were to start ?
Owner's Manual! I don't know what you are spreading but pretty much any packaged fertilizer or seed has an application rate on the bag. Compare that to the instructions in your owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
10,989 Posts
Owner's Manual! I don't know what you are spreading but pretty much any packaged fertilizer or seed has an application rate on the bag. Compare that to the instructions in your owner's manual.
Correct. The manual should have a chart or diagram in the back to aid in setting the gauge for the various materials and application rate. It's not quite as easy as using a Scotts spreader and setting the dial to what is on the bag but it will get you in the ball park.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I have an Agri-Fab spreader that is so old, I wore out this sprocket that drives the impeller,,,

I never consider the number, but, rather, I measure the opening and adjust the setting accordingly.

I am positive that something flexes, causing the setting to change over time, and use.

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
Agreed.

On my agrifab 100 there is a sticker for diffent materials But for fertilizer it really depends on what the ratio is. On mine I run about four although I do go over the area twice. For fertilizing I like to do it two times with two different paths so you do not get streaks or patches and be sure not to stop or start unless you are moving because we have all seen lawns with dark green swirls that you could see exactly where they started.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First my Spreader is old so very little markings as to anything . Second I am not using Bags (cost to much) I buy bulk Just got 800 lb to do my grass ( I buy 800lb every year). As for the manual Ag=Fab does not hare any rates in the manual . I think I set it at 6.5 last time but the hole looks really big .:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
First my Spreader is old so very little markings as to anything . Second I am not using Bags (cost to much) I buy bulk Just got 800 lb to do my grass ( I buy 800lb every year). As for the manual Ag=Fab does not hare any rates in the manual . I think I set it at 6.5 last time but the hole looks really big .:greentractorride:
Similar to what I did. My bulk would be a 39-46-60. I ran at a 6 in the pasture. I suspect your thought is correct. On the lawn I went twice at a 4

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Similar to what I did. My bulk would be a 39-46-60. I ran at a 6 in the pasture. I suspect your thought is correct. On the lawn I went twice at a 4
I never go over it twice but I may try that I have never had spots I miss but it can happen easy . I thank You :greentractorride:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got my Fertilizer on today ran the rate on 5 came up a little lite so went back over some .
At the half way point I got rained out for about an hour then finished it . Going to have some rain tonight so that is great .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts