Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have to wait till Monday to get them on...Can't wait to try them out. (Wife's Nurses aid doesn't come on weekends)

Thanks Kevin.馃憤
Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Terrestrial plant

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Wood

Registered
Why the switch?
Are your stock ones bad or are these new ones quicker?

I don't get it yet...

Premium Member
Why the switch?

I don't get it yet...
More lift capacity. Bigger ram piston surface area = more sq/in = more lift for same hydraulic system PSI.

Registered
Huh, interesting. What diameter are the stock cylinders? And why invest in different cylinders instead of adjusting the hydraulic pressure upwards? I highly doubt these tractors are pushing the limits of the hydraulic system components when they leave the factory.

Registered
was it you or someone else had a post about the larger diameter cylinders? I remember someone did, but I just can鈥檛 find it. Where did you get them from? I鈥檓 very interested in them.

Premium Member

Registered
More lift capacity. Bigger ram piston surface area = more sq/in = more lift for same hydraulic system PSI.
But your loader cycle time will be slower, ...

Jeff

Administrator

Premium Member
NOT with the larger pump he's already installed.

Well, technically, even with the bigger pump, (assuming it was installed before the new cylinders), they will be a bit slower, but... there's a tradeoff for everything and again, assuming the new pump was installed before the new cylinders, the loader was running faster than before so it's basically moot...... - like you said Kennyd! 馃く馃コ馃憤

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah sorry for not enough info...Others (MattL,Kenny, Big) have answered the questions...Have had the extreme 9.5 GPM pump for almost a year now and I thought anyone in Hydraulic sections would have read the past posts...and known about HydrosPlus(My Bad.馃檪)Keven has come up with some nice innovative solutions.

Pump flow is not a problem the speed of the loader along with multiple functions is faster than anyone can handle even at nominal RPM's. It's Fast. It was mainly to run my BH with multiple functions which it does.

Huh, interesting. What diameter are the stock cylinders? And why invest in different cylinders instead of adjusting the hydraulic pressure upwards? I highly doubt these tractors are pushing the limits of the hydraulic system components when they leave the factory.
The stock are 1.5"....My 1026R came at 2500 PSI Pressure (and still shows that on a Kenny gauge) and I do not feel comfortable going above that. I think 2200 PSI is the factory set up...so they had mine above that. You can only get so much....These bigger cylinders will get me some more.

I have multiple boulders that are just beyond my lift capacity that I hope to get a few inches off the ground to move them. Hoping this will get me just enough.

Registered
Why the switch?

I don't get it yet...
They look bigger in diameter which means ....... MORE POWER OO, OO, (Tool Time with Tim).
One still has to use it judiciously. I like having too much power to where I decide what happens. Will be an extra strain on the front axle and such, and the warranty if any, is out the window.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Huh. The video says the gain is 300+ lbs. Now I want those cylinders too. And I'm still gonna crank my hydraulic pressure up a bit... eventually, when i get around to buying a gauge from Kenny.
Right after you crank the PSI up, crank the front tire psi up... :D

Registered
I'm familiar with what he's done with the high flow pumps but I didn't know he was working on new cylinders. I love that idea. I wish the 2" would have enough clearance...but the 1-3/4's are now on my want list. I've got a dozen large limestone blocks that are left over from a landscape project that I need to move. Larger cylinders and a little more pressure should get me close to having enough lift capacity.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm familiar with what he's done with the high flow pumps but I didn't know he was working on new cylinders. I love that idea. I wish the 2" would have enough clearance...but the 1-3/4's are now on my want list. I've got a dozen large limestone blocks that are left over from a landscape project that I need to move. Larger cylinders and a little more pressure should get me close to having enough lift capacity.
Yeah ,If the 2" were offered I would grind out the clearance for them.

Registered
Right after you crank the PSI up, crank the front tire psi up... :D
Lol. I might have had a few shots last night before I posted that. I'd likely start with just one or the other and go from there, but yeah definitely need to air up them tires for sure.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts