Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My wife and I have some property we’re fixing up, and today we took delivery of our 1023e with loader, MMM, basically every attachment you could hope for. This will mainly be hers as I have the M5400 kubota and the old 2240 for mowing and dirt work.

Anyway, we opted for the previous MY 1023 to save money for implements, and my one big gripe was the lack of cruise control. Aha! Being the diese mechanic I am, I had to do a two hour inspection on the tractor before I’d put it to work. Our local dealer did a great job, save for missing a few cotter pins on the steering cylinder and not greasing the MMM. I get it, they’re busy, thankfully I fought everything and it can be fixed quite easily.

While I was under the tractor, I noticed a small lever hanging between the frame rails, just below the park brake lever. It appears to be the pawl that would grip the teeth of the forward direction pedal for the cruise. Has anyone done a clean (not too hacked) install of custom, aftermarket cruise? For now I’ve tied a string to it and threaded it up to my throttle so that I simply pull up for cruise and hit the forward pedal to release it.

My apologies for a long post, I tried searching for this and couldn’t find the topic with a solution.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
While I Have never seen it done, I would think the linkage from the 1025/1026 could be installed on the 1023.

I very seldom use the cruise on my 1026. I had a tree branch get caught under the tractor and break part of the cruise linkage a few years ago. I have been meaning to get the parts to fix it. But It’s one of those things I keep putting it off.

·
Administrator
17,982 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

Your best bet it to get familiar with JDParts Adviser, the online parts system JD uses, and its free to register. Then you can look at and price all the parts from the 1025/6 and decide if it work on your 1023e.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Reading this thread about cruise control got me thinking.

Dang . . . I did not know that the 1025r came with a cruise control :banghead: Oh well . . . learned something new today :bigthumb: THANKS

·
Registered
536 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

Your best bet it to get familiar with JDParts Adviser, the online parts system JD uses, and its free to register. Then you can look at and price all the parts from the 1025/6 and decide if it work on your 1023e.
Thanks for the lead!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Hmmm, I used my cruise one time just to see if and how it works. Haven't had any use for it since.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Reading this thread about cruise control got me thinking.

Dang . . . I did not know that the 1025r came with a cruise control :banghead: Oh well . . . learned something new today :bigthumb: THANKS
Deere's gotta give ya something to justify the extra thousands of $$ for the "R" model machines. :laugh:

The cruise control is one of the "extras" that the R line of SCUTs/CUTs gets you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts