Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the site and to JD. I bought a new 1023E last week with an H120 loader, 53" bucket and 52D auto-connect deck. So far I have done a bit of mowing and unearthed an old paved driveway up to my garage at my house. I had no idea the pavement was under there but it will save me a bunch of work just cleaning and resealing the pavement instead of having to have it paved.

Upcoming plans, Rim Guard in the rear tires this weekend, ordered some Ken's hooks, a Piranha tooth bar, and a ballast box.

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
Rob,
:wgtt:

And congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,508 Posts
Welcome to GTT. Thanks for the pics, have fun and be safe

·
Registered
217 Posts
I find it strange that someone would cover it up.

Oh yeah, welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it strange that someone would cover it up.

Oh yeah, welcome to GTT.
I live on a dead end street and I am the next to the last house. It appears that the former owner was quite the cantankerous old bugger and he hated people turning around in his driveway, so he covered it with dirt and planted grass. It had a few rocks and flowers at the edge of the road to keep people off. I have a garage across the street as well that I park at.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Welcome to GTT and congratulations on your new tractor

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!
Looks like didn't waste any time putting your machine to work. What a bonus finding that pavement.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Welcome from Illinois thanks for the pictures. Never know what you will find. Glad to have you join us look forward to your input. :good2:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Welcome from New York! The tractor's looking good with a little dirt on it!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
welcome from another Pa. member -heck-i'dl say ur only about an hr and half from me. did ya buy ur tractor-at new alexandria?

u will find a lot of good info from here-and we love to spend others money too.:laugh::wgtt:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I live on a dead end street and I am the next to the last house. It appears that the former owner was quite the cantankerous old bugger and he hated people turning around in his driveway, so he covered it with dirt and planted grass. It had a few rocks and flowers at the edge of the road to keep people off. I have a garage across the street as well that I park at.

Welcome.

I thought you were going to say that the grass just covered it over the years. It's amazing how grass and weeds will do this.

We live in 1 of the only 2 houses on a dead end street. So I totally know what you are saying. We must get 10 cars a day that turn around out front. They have a sign posted "not a through street" but it's apparently useless. I suggested too my girl that we paint a big red line across the street. Then post our sign "crossing the red line will draw gunfire". lol

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland, Nice tractor and thanks for the pictures. Good choice of attachments, just add some forks and you will be set!

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
:gtfam:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts