Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me long enough to pull the trigger. I'm having a new 1025R :greentractorride: delivered next Monday, with an H120 loader and frontier bush hog. I already had a perfectly good land pride FMR1660 finish mower. So I elected to stay with my finish mower rather than go with the 60 inch deck. For my garden I have a Muratoria 48 inch tiller, as well a country line middle buster and ripper. I need to shop around for a yard rake, one I can use to rake up leaves and help with general maintenance on my 12 acres. I can't wait to get it. :yahoo:

Question: Can I take the weights off of a Kubota M4030SU and use them on the 1025R? They're probably too big. I'll probably have to purchase some.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before I take receipt of the tractor, is there anything that I need to make sure the dealer does? I'm driving to the dealer tomorrow to look at the tractor before it's delivered on Monday.
I appreciate any advice you can provide? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Make sure fluids are full including the fuel. Just give it a very close look. When they deliver have them go over taking the H120 off and on. How large is your mower? What about a ballast box?? Enjoy it and be safe

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
255 Posts
Make sure the Frontier gearbox is full, they are shipped dry. 1 quart 80w90. I just finished setting up the same combo the other day. Also the discs should have been slipped on the frontier PTO shaft and then gapped to 4mm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure fluids are full including the fuel. Just give it a very close look. When they deliver have them go over taking the H120 off and on. How large is your mower? What about a ballast box?? Enjoy it and be safe
The mower is a 5 foot rear discharge finish mower. Thanks, I'll check on the ballast box.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:congrats: and we'll be expecting pics !!! :munch:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't offer up much help with your questions, but congratulations on the new tractor! I'd love to see pics when it arrives.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What they said... Plus...Make sure you get the manuals for everything.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Ditto on the manuals. Make sure you get the install instructions for any components the dealer installed.

After we had done the deal, I asked my salesman: "You're going to throw in electronic copies of the Technical Manuals, right??" He didn't even flinch or wimper. It doesn't hurt to ask. Worst case, have him include them at cost. They are something you really should have, whether you do your own maintenance or not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I got my 2320, FEL, MMM and 47 snow blower I didn't think to ask if they had mounted the snow blower and checked it out. When winter came I discovered the hoses for the spout swivel were about 12" too short. It seems since this model is used on several tractors they forgot to switch the hoses to work on my tractor. The salesman called a dealer closer to where I live and had them swap out the hoses and all was well. Then the next spring when I was going to use my rear blade I hooked up to the 3rd SCV and it did nothing. Again the salesman contacted the local dealership and they picked up the tractor, corrected the problem and delivered the tractor back to me. They obviously hadn't tested the 3rd SVC when they installed it.

Reactions: Robnik and Gizmo2

·
Registered
527 Posts
As most have already mentioned make sure you get all your manuals and also any bits and pieces that may come in bags. Also if the 3PH is not installed it will be in a separate box. Congrats :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congratulations on your new tractor, look forward to seeing it:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Welcome!

Once you get it, check for any fluid leaks, especially tractor (hygard) fluid from anywhere around the rear transmission / axle area, a few guys found some leaking seals or gaskets and had them fixed under warranty, not common but it does happen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats, you will enjoy it, I got mine last year, No regrets!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well, it is Saturday and still no tractor? The wait must be killing you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts