Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 1025r yesterday. And I love it. I took the deck off today to do some loader and backhoe work. My question is, when I picked up the deck arms to get them out of the way from hanging low, I tried lowering them and they wouldn't drop back down. It has the hydro deck lift, the one that uses the bucket control to raise and lower. I can kinda pull it down by hand but it tries to spring back up. It was a model they had on the lot so the backhoe was added and I think the hydro deck lift was added as well.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I assume you have the mower height knob in the install position?

Is your 3pt all the way down? I know that sounds crazy but my dealer installed the hydraulic lift like you have along with the strap that connected the mower lift arms to the 3 point hitch.

AND....congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
20,887 Posts
Dumb question here....is the hydraulic hose for the mower lift connected?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like if you go to far to the right into regen, it will lift the deck back up. That's was part of the problem. I still had to pull it down by hand to get them to lower fully though. I did get the deck back on and cycled it up and down a few times. I guess when I take it off again, I will see if that did anything.

·
Administrator
20,887 Posts
Make sure the spring is installed next to the lift cylinder under the left floor board. It's a beefy spring, you won't miss it.

Also when the tractor is new, the lift arms are fairly stiff. Give them a few hours of operation and they'll free up. :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,906 Posts
Make sure the spring is installed next to the lift cylinder under the left floor board. It's a beefy spring, you won't miss it.

Also when the tractor is new, the lift arms are fairly stiff. Give them a few hours of operation and they'll free up. :good2:
Mine will be 2 yrs old this summer , still have to help it down , had to help the 2210 & 2305 nothing major just a little help.

·
Administrator
20,887 Posts
Mine was bound up a little when it was new. I took it apart to clean, study, and adjust it so it would work right. When I had it apart I found several burrs that were causing some binding. I files the edges smooth and lubricated the shaft. It operated like butter after that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies I will check all of that out tomorrow. I noticed one more thing while I was under there. There was a little hydro fluid leaking out of the 4wd shaft. Where it comes out of the transmission. I'll check the floor tomorrow to see how bad it is. Is it normal for it to leak a little or do you think it will need a replacement seal?

·
Registered
588 Posts
There should be no leaks what so ever.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I checked it again today, there was no puddle on the ground. Just a little wet where the shaft comes out. I will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to update everyone, it looks like it has stopped leaking, not even wet around the shaft. Fluid level full on the dipstick. Also, on the deck, the latch that connects the arms to the deck was very stiff and didn't move freely. I put some wd40 on the pivot points and it moves as it should now. So that was another problem I was having when trying to connect the deck.

·
Administrator
20,887 Posts
Fluid Film is great stuff. I keep a couple of cans handy.

I would also check to make sure the deck latch mechanism isn't binding. I added a few washers to mine to prevent it from binding up. It should move freely with only spring tension holding it. There was a revision to the latch mechanism. I'm sure yours is the newer one compared to the first generation one I had. I'll bet you won't need washers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394621786.607963.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394621824.217035.jpg

You can see where I took a file and cleaned some burrs off the edges of the lift lugs on the mower. Mine was very tight when new and wasn't fitting properly. I found the appropriate diameter socket to simulate the lift arm rod, and filled until the socket fit nicely into the mower lugs. Again, this may not need to be done on the newest tractors/mowers. Just some friendly advice from an early adopter. :good2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I will have to see if I can get some of that Fluid Film. After I lubed it up, it moved very free. I see what you did on your latches, pretty good idea. I don't think mine was having that problem. I'm prob going to put the deck back on this weekend to check that its been leveled properly. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Very interesting way of climbing onto the BH. I'll have to give it a try.
Is there any other way? That's what that thick black bar over your head is for, handholds. Does anyone really get off the tractor, walk around to the back and climb up into the seat? I know the manual sez so, but REALLY...!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,906 Posts
Is there any other way? That's what that thick black bar over your head is for, handholds. Does anyone really get off the tractor, walk around to the back and climb up into the seat? I know the manual sez so, but REALLY...!:laugh:
DA Guilty , get off and walk around. Most of the time , after getting seat to turn around I will lower the stab arms and then climb up on the bh.
I never gave it a thought about doing it the way he showed.... slap me on the forehead...Geezzz I COULD HAVE HAD A V8 !!

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
DA Guilty , get off and walk around. Most of the time , after getting seat to turn around I will lower the stab arms and then climb up on the bh.
I never gave it a thought about doing it the way he showed.... slap me on the forehead...Geezzz I COULD HAVE HAD A V8 !!
I'm right there with you. I've always climbed off to climb on the back but I will try this the next time the hoe is on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts