Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had our 2017 1025R delivered on Friday with 54D mower and 60 inch front blade with quick hitch. We ordered a 120R loader as well, but it is a couple weeks away yet.
This will be the little sister to our 2006 3520.
Cut about 1/2 acre of grass yesterday.....seems to be fine so far.
The 1025R was was bought more for working in the market garden than cutting grass. It will be more manoeuvrable in and out of the garden rows than the 3520. Adding a cultivator and other row crop implements down the road.
I can already see I will have to fire up the welder and lower the pins on some of the 3 point implements I have on hand. Let you know how that works out.
Later today, going to see if the JD 655 tiller will perform on the back of the 1025R. Soils are a bit heavy here, so may not be the best fit.
I can see some seat mods in the near future...lol. For the cashola you have to shell out for these little green gems you think they could toss in a little better seat suspension.
They sure got the engine rpm's jacked up at idle. Have to see about toning those down a tad.
Here's a couple of pics of the "fleet".
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
Just had our 2017 1025R delivered on Friday with 54D mower and 60 inch front blade with quick hitch. We ordered a 120R loader as well, but it is a couple weeks away yet.
This will be the little sister to our 2006 3520.
Cut about 1/2 acre of grass yesterday.....seems to be fine so far.
The 1025R was was bought more for working in the market garden than cutting grass. It will be more manoeuvrable in and out of the garden rows than the 3520. Adding a cultivator and other row crop implements down the road.
I can already see I will have to fire up the welder and lower the pins on some of the 3 point implements I have on hand. Let you know how that works out.
Later today, going to see if the JD 655 tiller will perform on the back of the 1025R. Soils are a bit heavy here, so may not be the best fit.
I can see some seat mods in the near future...lol. For the cashola you have to shell out for these little green gems you think they could toss in a little better seat suspension.
They sure got the engine rpm's jacked up at idle. Have to see about toning those down a tad.
Here's a couple of pics of the "fleet".
Cheers.
Kennyd may be able to help you out there with his springs.

Congratulations and good luck with it.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
Looking Good..:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland. Congrats and thanks for the photos. :bigthumb:

Reactions: greenharley

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:congrats: :greentractorride:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congrats , with a question. Does the 1025r come with a front grill guard ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats , with a question. Does the 1025r come with a front grill guard ?
No but the 120 loader attachment will.

Scott

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Congrads!!! It's a brand new machine, I would leave the idle alone and let the 1025 be a 1025.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
What Firemark said. Wholeheartedly!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Firemark and Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition, that is a nice looking machine:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Congrats on the new machine!

I would second not trying to change the idle rpm, it's a little diesel, my best guess is to minimize the chances of "lugging" the engine. All of the small diesel tractors seem to idle at like 1500, must be something to it?

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2
1 - 14 of 14 Posts