Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have all the lingo to state this correctly. I have a 60d mower on my 1025r and so I can't attach my old poly cart to the PTO and use the mower or visa versa. The cart angle moves to weird positions if I move the PTO height. Can someone help me locate a bolt on extension I can attach to the back where the two pre-drilled holes are below the PTO engagement area? I looked at the Heavy Hitch bolt on, then I would need some sort of extension for that receiver?

I live by: If there is a will, there is a way. I'm blonde, but not dumb.

·
Premium Member
12,890 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I don't have all the lingo to state this correctly. I have a 60d mower on my 1025r and so I can't attach my old poly cart to the PTO and use the mower or visa versa. The cart angle moves to weird positions if I move the PTO height. Can someone help me locate a bolt on extension I can attach to the back where the two pre-drilled holes are below the PTO engagement area? I looked at the Heavy Hitch bolt on, then I would need some sort of extension for that receiver?

I live by: If there is a will, there is a way. I'm blonde, but not dumb.

???? I'm confused here. You're mower height is affected by the 3pt hitch, not the PTO.

The simple solution is to attach the cart to the swinging drawbar instead of the 3pt hitch. If your tractor didn't come with a swinging drawbar you can pick one up at Tractor Supply (or any similar store) for short $$.

·
Premium Member
12,890 Posts
???? I'm confused here. You're mower height is affected by the 3pt hitch, not the PTO.

The simple solution is to attach the cart to the swinging drawbar instead of the 3pt hitch. If your tractor didn't come with a swinging drawbar you can pick one up at Tractor Supply (or any similar store) for short $$.
Oh, I think I get it now, I was confused as well so I thought it just simple to show what I have on mine.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I think the OP does NOT want to attach her cart to the 3PT with a draw bar. I think she has a mechanical lift and when she raises of lowers the mower, the 3PT follows up and down. Adding a 3PT draw bar won't solve her problem (if it's the problem I think), when she refers to the angle changes (Up/Down).

My opinion for best bet is the hitch plate mounted to the frame under the PTO like the Heavy Hitch. The square receiver should be the standard 2" X 2" that fits all the trailer hitch accessories available in many places like auto supply, Tractor supply, etc, just have to match the end to what is needed (ball, clevis).

Just my 2 cents. Pics would help.

Edit, OK, now I understand what a swinging draw bar is, and that would work too, but you may need brackets, or maybe just bolt directly to the frame under the PTO shaft.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it makes sense I hitched the cart to the place under the PTO, my neck on the cart is too short and hits the 3pt hitch when making corners. I may have someone weld the neck on my cart longer.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
So it makes sense I hitched the cart to the place under the PTO, my neck on the cart is too short and hits the 3pt hitch when making corners. I may have someone weld the neck on my cart longer.

Your problem is a very common one. I have the same cart and even on my 2-series the drawbar is too short which causes the cart to hit the 3PH arms when turning.

You could try lengthening the tongue on the cart but I don't think that will help. The cart tongue will still pivot at the same point and hit the 3PH arms. You need to move the attachment point farther back to change the pivot point. There is a more elegant solution that will also make your tractor much more versatile in how you can pull things. I believe some of the previous posters mentioned the same thing.

Install a Heavy Hitch 2" receiver plate in place of your current drawbar. Then you can use the longer HH 3-way hitch bar which should extend the attachment point back far enough to eliminate the problem. Not only will you be able to pull your cart with the tang but you will also be able to use a pull chain or a trailer ball.

HH_rcvr.jpg

HH_rcvr2.jpg

HH_hitch.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
I had a swinging drawbar on my old Ford NAA. I've never seen an actual swinging drawbar for JD SCUT/CUT tractors. All the tractors I have seen have a fixed drawbar. I believe the Tisco swinging drawbars that TSC sells will only fit the older Ford, Ferguson and New Holland tractors.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
You can buy an 18" extension for your hitch from Amazon. Link Here.

Keane

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts