Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just made a deal on my first "SCUT" this past week. We just moved into a new place a couple months ago and I know most are going to say this will be way too much tractor for what I need, but I know I will put it to use. We only have about .65 acre yard I will be mowing. The driveway isn't real long, but very steep that I will have to clear snow off of in the winter time. I originally started out looking at the smaller Kubota BX1870, but after seeing both machines in person and the experience at each dealer, I ended up coughing up the extra money for the Deere.

I went with the 60" deck and material collection system as well. We back up to the woods and have over-wintering leaves in the yard a lot as it is...I can't wait till this fall. :greentractorride:

My main question has to do with raising the deck. I know for sure I don't want to have to use the 3 point. However, he explained to me that I can get it on its own or just by swapping out a hose on the loader. He stated most his customers just swap with the loader since its rare to use the loader and mower at the same time. Do you guys agree? Or would it be worthwhile to have it on its own right from the get go?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
:wgtt:

Don't worry you will love :greentractorride: I have just under 1 acre and smile every time I use the 2305, have a steep drive as well and it really does a good job with snow!!
As for deck I use one of the loader ports to raise and lower, I never mow with the loader on just gets in the way....having said that you have the advantage of auto connect, so having the loader and mower on at the same time would probably not happen

Good luck w new tractor

Reactions: snr

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine is mechanical and I like it. No hoses to mess with. It's easy to adjust and I can remove and replace it in about 30 seconds. I reckon it just depends on what you want. I looked at the other options and they just didn't appeal to me. I'm very happy with my mechanical set up.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Maybe I missed why the OP's 3pt connected "mechanical lift" is a no-go right off the bat? Mine works fine with no alternate connections (also on ½ an acre:laugh:) though I have no 3pt equipment on it in Summer...

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Maybe I missed why the OP's 3pt connected "mechanical lift" is a no-go right off the bat? Mine works fine with no alternate connections (also on ½ an acre:laugh:) though I have no 3pt equipment on it in Summer...
Cuz he said he didn't want it......seems like a good enough reason. :tongue:

I didn't want them tied together either. My NH SCUT had the deck lift and 3 point tied together, I was less than impressed. There were areas in my yard I could drag the 3 pt if I was cutting grass because of the angle.

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts
Hi all,

Just made a deal on my first "SCUT" this past week. We just moved into a new place a couple months ago and I know most are going to say this will be way too much tractor for what I need,...
You sir, are 100% wrong! Most here will applaud you for doing just that :laugh: :lol:

Congrats on the new machine, and:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
You sir, are 100% wrong! Most here will applaud you for doing just that :laugh: :lol:

Thanks Kenny, I could not find the words to say just that.:thumbup1gif:
Most guys on here don't care how big it is.:mocking: Just Sayin!:lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol:

Nothing wrong with the mechanical lift - My yard is hilly/steep in some areas with a funny grade due to walk out basement so I figured just incase it would drag. I won't have any 3pt attachments in the sumer....but you never know what the future might hold!

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

If it is what you wanted, then it isn't too big! Enjoy.

You will always find something to play with and you'll never regret the bigger capability!

Congrats on a good decision. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
If an 8 series would fit in the garage......

·
Registered
313 Posts

Ya - Kenny pretty much summed it up right there. :laugh: Nobody here's gonna say you got too much tractor. You will love your 1025R and everything you'll discover you can do with it. It's a mega mowing machine and a whole lot more. :drinks:

·
Registered
709 Posts
It has been said many times, the most common mistake with tractor purchases is going too small. We all find more uses after having a tractor for a while which will make you want the extra capabilities. I believe it is better to start off with something you can grow into. You will be happier in the long term that way. I think you did the right thing.
:good2:

·
Registered
313 Posts
It has been said many times, the most common mistake with tractor purchases is going too small. We all find more uses after having a tractor for a while which will make you want the extra capabilities. I believe it is better to start off with something you can grow into. You will be happier in the long term that way. I think you did the right thing.
:good2:
I was advised years ago with my first Deere purchase to figure out what size tractor would work for me and then to buy the next size bigger. I bought a 5205 50 horse MFD - I had 37 acres to play....er....work on back then. Even then I wished I had a TLB.

Now, with a lot of work to do right up close to the house, the 1025R FILB is serving me extremely well. I'm very pleased with all the power and versatility in this small package.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hi all,

Just made a deal on my first "SCUT" this past week. We just moved into a new place a couple months ago and I know most are going to say this will be way too much tractor for what I need, but I know I will put it to use. We only have about .65 acre yard I will be mowing. The driveway isn't real long, but very steep that I will have to clear snow off of in the winter time. I originally started out looking at the smaller Kubota BX1870, but after seeing both machines in person and the experience at each dealer, I ended up coughing up the extra money for the Deere.

I went with the 60" deck and material collection system as well. We back up to the woods and have over-wintering leaves in the yard a lot as it is...I can't wait till this fall. :greentractorride:

My main question has to do with raising the deck. I know for sure I don't want to have to use the 3 point. However, he explained to me that I can get it on its own or just by swapping out a hose on the loader. He stated most his customers just swap with the loader since its rare to use the loader and mower at the same time. Do you guys agree? Or would it be worthwhile to have it on its own right from the get go?

Thanks!

This is the :usa: isn't it? Where a medium is 32 ounces and people in other countries could feed a family of 4 on our King Sized Snicker's bar. :lol: I will offer this warning. You'll probably run out of space for all the implements these things attract and need more acres. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of Maine! I have the independent lift and really like it. My 3 pt arms always stay up and out of the way.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Guess I missed the point because I take off the 3pt arms when mowing, no summer 3pt toys. Very narrow minded!:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
Guess I missed the point because I take off the 3pt arms when mowing, no summer 3pt toys. Very narrow minded!:laugh:
Don't feel bad. Nowadays I only use mine to hold up the rear ballast.:lol:

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
Now, with a lot of work to do right up close to the house......
just watch how CLOSE you get. I hear that the lights can get un-mounted this way....:lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts