Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 1025R w 120R loader, 60D deck, and a 2060L rear blade w an imatch QC. I do commercial excavation for a living. The machinery I use is too big for home use lol. I recently built a house on 2 acres and have a lot of clean up to do so I went to the local JD dealer and took advantage of the 0% financing and got a 1 series. I was only looking for a riding mower that could put attachments on, and was about to get an X758 with a couple attachments, but the dealer along with some research talked me into a sub compact. the FEL is what sold me and being able to move material around is a back saver. Its still on order, and already, I have plans to make some mods for it like a homemade brush fork attachment made out of some rebar I got from the jobsite. I see a lot of people putting clamp on forks and things on their buckets, but having experience with ground engaging equipment, and knowing the tolerances of metals, and hydraulics, I don't want to stress the loader bucket if I can help it, so I plan on making something that will hook to the Quick attach and maybe just get a heavy hitch tooth bar for the bucket. Im looking forward to utilizing the resources of these forums and meeting people who share the same interests as me. If anyone needs, I have extensive experience in excavation, from mass excavation, cuts and fills, foundation work, underground utilities, retaining walls, shoring, fine grading, and all kinds of laser utilization so feel free to bug me about how to stuff. Thanks for having me

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Sounds like you did your homework. Congrats on the new :greentractorride:

I’m looking forward to seeing it. :good2:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Congrats on your new tractor. There's a lot of information here. When it gets delivered send some pix of it and your modifications. Everyone here enjoys the mods.

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Welcome from New York.
I grew up in the Hudson Valley. I moved to the Pacific NW in 96. Going back on Memorial Day for a wedding in the Catskills

·
Registered
12,300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts