Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,745 Posts
Nice 1025RGardner. Could have gone all day without seeing your lift, very nice also.

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
Nice setup..and the floor lift is very nice. Just in time for the snow.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Great pics, have fun blowing snow, that tractor will do a great job:yahoo:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That sure is purty! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sweet setup, have fun in the snow tomorrow.:snow::good2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments! The tractor tires would only catch about 1" on the ramps of the lift because of the width, so I made some wood platforms that go across from ramp to ramp. I did it in 4 sections, so once the tractor is in place I can remove the center 2 sections under the tractor so I have access to everything underneath. I built this for my old 445, so all I had to do is spread the sections apart a little to work with the 1025's longer wheelbase. When I remove the mower deck I just toss a ratchet strap over one end of the lift and connect it to the front edge of the deck and use the lift to raise it up to vertical for cleaning etc. It's also a great time to slip on the Mower axles for storage. I wish I would have had this lift 25 years ago when I was younger. I use it a lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Really like the tractor .... Love the lift even more!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm jealous especially of your lift!:good2:

Good luck with the new tractor.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Working on a tractor with everything at the exact height you need... The mind boggles!

I hope you are not going to be as disappointed with your snowblower as I am with my front blade and brand new Artillian "Wings" tomorrow morning! The storm (they say) is tracking South-er.:bye2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Working on a tractor with everything at the exact height you need... The mind boggles!

I hope you are not going to be as disappointed with your snowblower as I am with my front blade and brand new Artillian "Wings" tomorrow morning! The storm (they say) is tracking South-er.:bye2:
A big let down when I got up this morning. The predicted 6-9 inchs with high winds is now 4-5 with not much wind. Now if I go out to blow it will just look like I'm showing off. I guess I'm OK with that!

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
A big let down when I got up this morning. The predicted 6-9 inchs with high winds is now 4-5 with not much wind. Now if I go out to blow it will just look like I'm showing off. I guess I'm OK with that!
No no, you have it all wrong. If you REALLY wanted to show off you would park your new tractor/blower at the head of your driveway, get off and then SHOVEL the entire driveway clean. :laugh:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
No no, you have it all wrong. If you REALLY wanted to show off you would park your new tractor/blower at the head of your driveway, get off and then SHOVEL the entire driveway clean. :laugh:
I actually have one side of me that says for no more snow than we got, I should just stay inside where it's warm and just let it melt as the week warms up. The bad part is that I used to blow out the neighbor lady's U- drive across the street with my 445, but we have so many neighbors with 4 wheel drive trucks with blades that I called her and said that my tractor (445) was getting old and just too small (not to mention that I freeze to death) and it takes me too long where she could have one of these guys with the truck come in and 5 minutes and they'd be done, so she agreed and they have been cleaning it for her. But I did it for free and they charge for it. (She enjoyed the free part) So yesterday, I brought the new 1025 out of the barn and let is sit outside and run to get the engine warmed up. So anyways, I get on the 1025 and start driving it up to the garage on the house where I will keep it and as I turn it around to back it in, guess who is across the street just standing outside watching me. Yep, it's her. I pray that I am far enough away that she can't tell the difference in size and she thinks it's still my old 445.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
She is going to get a set of binoculars and keep a close eye on you from now on. You won't escape.

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
Give us her name and phone # ,we could call her ,,,you know to help you out...:lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeh, you guys are up to no good! My mom stopped by yesterday and I told her about it and she laughed and said "Wait until she sees that you have a loader for it". Maybe I should be like Justin Beiber and throw eggs at her house.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Add me to the list of those liking your tractor and envious of your lift!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is one of the reasons we originally bought the lift. My son and I really like Ford Mustangs. I have messed with them since I was 18 and our 27 year old son has a really nice 29,000 mile 85GT that he shows and drag races. Here are some pics of my 1994 Cobra Mustang that I've owned for 14 years and my son and I spent 10 years modifying the car from top to bottom for performance and appearance. We do all of our own work. It currently has 3,200 original miles on it. The lift has helped so much, even just for oil changes in the kids cars and our work trucks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts