Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 1025r with FEL and BH. I like the tractor but one thing is worrying me a bit. Everybody knows to start the tractor you have to have the transmission in neutral. Often when I try to move the shifter out of neutral it won't go into gear. I usually push the forward petal and then it will go into gear. Is this normal? Is it normal new tractor stiffness?

By the way, I see JD is getting ready to release a new improved 260 BH. :banghead: Anybody want to buy a slightly used BH? :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I just purchased a new 1025r with FEL and BH. I like the tractor but one thing is worrying me a bit. Everybody knows to start the tractor you have to have the transmission in neutral. Often when I try to move the shifter out of neutral it won't go into gear. I usually push the forward petal and then it will go into gear. Is this normal? Is it normal new tractor stiffness?
Totally normal. It is the same with almost all of the SCUT and CUT tractors due to the straight cut gears. Unfortunately it won't really get any better with use. Touching the forward or reverse pedal is the solution.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That's been aggravating me also. I almost posted the same exact question but never did. Took me a while to realize it was the pedal. It's not as bad now that I know I just have to touch the pedal only slightly.

Other thing that's bugged me is the whining noise. My tractor sounds like a truck when your power steering is low or you are turning your truck tires to its max. And the higher the rpms. The louder another/or same whining noise on the back after I took off the backhoe. I'm guessing it's just the hydro fluid shooting through the lines.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Agreed, trans gears lining up is perfectly normal.

Concerning the newly updated BH, I really didn't see anything that was really exciting except for maybe the boom cylinder being cushioned when fully retracting the cylinder. This is one thing you have to get used to when operating the 260. After you use the BH, you get used to feathering the boom up, but until you do, you will surely slam the boom up pretty hard occasionally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed, trans gears lining up is perfectly normal.

Concerning the newly updated BH, I really didn't see anything that was really exciting except for maybe the boom cylinder being cushioned when fully retracting the cylinder. This is one thing you have to get used to when operating the 260. After you use the BH, you get used to feathering the boom up, but until you do, you will surely slam the boom up pretty hard occasionally.
The 260 B has a dedicated backwards facing seat. No more swiveling the tractor seat. And the pictures looked like they rerouted the hydraulic line so it's no longer resting on the left foot rest. It's still a good tractor though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Often when I try to move the shifter out of neutral it won't go into gear. I usually push the forward petal and then it will go into gear. Is this normal? Is it normal new tractor stiffness?
As others have said, yes...it is normal.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
JD simply forgot to include this handy feature in the manuals and brochures. It's called the "E-Z Tap 'n Go System". Standard on all 1 series.
:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts