Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading GTT for several weeks now as I pondered purchasing a 1025R.

My new 1025R arrived last week, delivered by Mutton Power, as I live just over an hour away from them.

I really didn't need a tractor this large, but I WANTED one. I kept reading all the stories here describing all of the fun you guys are having with your tractors, and I wanted to join the club!

Shane (@ Mutton's) has been great to work with. He really knows his stuff.

I found a used 260 backhoe at a significant discount. Shane was able to get the correct sub-frame kit and install it on the 1025R such that when delivered, I was able to connect the backhoe in just a couple of minutes.

So, I now have the 1025R, 54D mmm, H120 Loader, 260 Backhoe, and Artillian Forks.
So far, I've used the forks more than anything else. Very handy.

I'm seeing some of the same issues others have mentioned:
- Leak down of loader (going back to Dealer to fix this...)
- Runs rough an smokes (light grey colored) on startup for a 10 seconds or so
- Seat bottoms out. I guess I need some of psrumors' springs. ...or perhaps I need to go on a diet.
- Light switch seems to be flaky.

Even so, I never thought I would be able to find a tractor with all of these features, yet be compact enough to mow my small yard.

Tim

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Congrats and :wgtt:.

Pics would be welcome, and good luck with your new tractor.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good luck with your new toy...I mean hard working mean green machine!!! You will love it, and you are so right...so versatile!!!!

Regards,
Mike

P.S. - Actions shots appreciated!:greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First day. My wife loves it.

Ok, here is a picture. I suspect it will get a lot of use for 'unusual' projects.

DSC_3327.jpg

·
Registered
373 Posts
She's hooked!

Ok, here is a picture. I suspect it will get a lot of use for 'unusual' projects.

View attachment 34668
Judging by the grin on your wife's face, I'd say you're safe to add a couple of implements to your lineup. I'd start with the snow blower, then I'm sure she'll need a cab to keep her warm. She can start he new business in landscaping and snow removal and before you know it, it'll be paying for itself.

Congrats and enjoy the ownership pride that goes along with it!

And... :wgtt:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Congrats, and....

:gtfam:

From the looks of things, you will be lucky to get much seat time!! :good2:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Ahhh nothing like a new :greentractorride:

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! I love mine . Howq much did the backhoe attachment & kit cost ? I wanted one ,but couldnt afford a new one.
Well, from my experience, you had better get a great deal on the used backhoe to actually save any money.
You need the "sub-frame mounting kit" for the tractor. This kit includes the seat swivel as well as the sub-frame mount.
So, the kit is specific to 1025R vs. 1023E.
The kit is not easy to remove/install, so it was not practical to transfer it from the seller's tractor.
Also, the kit is more expensive to buy as 'parts' than original with the backhoe. However, Shane @ Mutton's made that difference 'disappear' somehow. I think the kit is ~$1340 with the backhoe, and ~$1500 as a standalone part.

I paid less than half the list price for the backhoe itself which helped.

Overall, I really could not justify the backhoe. However, I told myself that I could use it as ballast for the loader as well, and could save that expense. Finding the used one gave me the excuse to go for it.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Judging by the grin on your wife's face, I'd say you're safe to add a couple of implements to your lineup. I'd start with the snow blower...
We would both enjoy the snowblower, but $4000+ is more than I could push through the finance committee, at least right now. So, I'll use my old walk behind snow blower for this winter.

Maybe next spring I'll look into a rear tiller. Thinking the King Kutter 48 inch specifically for sub-compacts would be the most cost effective choice.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, and....

:gtfam:

From the looks of things, you will be lucky to get much seat time!! :good2:
I think you're right. Oh well, that is ok. My wife grew up on a farm as well, so she is excited about the tractor.

She enjoys mowing the yard, so when she drove the 1025R and saw how short it would turn, she was satisfied.

Yes, too much tractor for 1/2 acre, but we'll enjoy it anyway!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
I think you're right. Oh well, that is ok. My wife grew up on a farm as well, so she is excited about the tractor.

She enjoys mowing the yard, so when she drove the 1025R and saw how short it would turn, she was satisfied.

Yes, too much tractor for 1/2 acre, but we'll enjoy it anyway!
:wgtt: from Tn. From the looks of her grin I think this is the least of your worries. Looks like more land in your future and if you want seat time another tractor. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,073 Posts
Congratulation timmarks.:thumbup1gif: Welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulation timmarks.:thumbup1gif: Welcome to GTT.
Thanks Gizmo2.

The whole community provides so much help here. It seems like family!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Overall, I really could not justify the backhoe. However, I told myself that I could use it as ballast for the loader as well, and could save that expense. Finding the used one gave me the excuse to go for it.
From an "artist's eye" one can plainly see how positively naked a tractor with a FEL is without a BH and yes it will become a welcome (and "adjustable") ballast!

Simple thoughts from a fellow "Half Acre Man"! EN-JOYYYYYY!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From an "artist's eye" one can plainly see how positively naked a tractor with a FEL is without a BH and yes it will become a welcome (and "adjustable") ballast!

Thanks Harold. So, what do you use your backhoe for on your "half-acre"?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

I've got to go take my backhoe off now.....:fed:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts